8.

| B R O O K L Y N |

It has been two weeks since I saw Grayson and the group. They haven't showed up to school either. I hope they were okay. I also hope that Caleb turned back okay. I can't believe there was something blocking him.

"Brooklyn, what do you mean Caleb was blocked from turning back?" Melissa asked me as I eat my cereal.

I looked at her with wide eyes before asking,"Can you please stay out of my thoughts?"

"Sorry," she apologized,"But you didn't answer my question."

I sighed,"Something happened at school, and Caleb almost turned. When he was trying to turn back, dark magic blocked him from doing it."

Melissa dropped her pen, and she looked at me seriously. "Brooklyn, please promise me that you will stay away from dark magic."

"Why?" I asked her while she cleared her throat.

"I can't tell you, but just promise me," Melissa said, shutting her computer.

"I promise," I replied, slightly weirded out.

"Thank you. Now you need to go or you'll be late," Melissa said all smiley faced.

What was going on with her?

"You're right. I have to attend another boring day at school," I replied, putting my cereal bowl in the sink.

"Well, at least you actually have some free time. I have to go to Alpha's Alex house today for a meeting. It's for all witches and wizards," Melissa said, walking over to the kitchen.

I grabbed my bag before turning around and saying,"Do you think it's related to what happened to Caleb?"

Melissa shrugged,"It could be or it could be something else. All the letter said was that we need to be there at this certain times and where."

"Oh, well please be safe," I said, giving her a half smile.

"Always. You too. Bye, Brooklyn," Melissa said, waving goodbye.

"Bye," I replied before walking out of the kitchen.

I walked out of the house, shutting the door behind me. I walked along the the sidewalk, admiring the sky and plants.

I plugged in my earbuds, and I placed them in my ears. Some pop song played, and I continued to walk to the school.

For the past two weeks, I have kept to myself. I pretty sure it has something to do with the mate bond since I feel sad and lonely since Grayson wasn't around.

When I walked into the school, I ignored everybody by walking past them without a glance. I walked up the stairs towards my locker. I kept my earbuds in my ears as I put my combination in my locker.

It popped open, and I threw my bag in there. I grabbed my books that I needed for the first two periods before shutting it.

I walked slowly to Mrs. Jackson's room, and the bell rang when I walked in the classroom. I sat down in my usual seat, and I laid my head on my textbook.