26.

| B R O O K L Y N |

It's Tuesday, and tomorrow is the Blood Moon Festival.

I haven't been able to sleep, and neither has Grayson. When the pack found out Alpha Alec was dead, all hell broke loose.

Some said that it was my fault while others blamed it on Carson.

As I walked passed a few women in the dining hall, I heard them whispering about me.

"She needs the death penalty. Just because she is Grayson's mate doesn't mean she doesn't get punished. If it were my mate who got Alpha Alec killed, he would be dead in a spilt second," the woman said, turning her nose in disgust.

"If we would have given her to Carson in the beginning, none of this would have happened," the other women sneered.

Anger and hurt boiled throughout my body. I spun around real fast, and I scowled at them. I felt my eyes shift, and the women look scared of me.

Before I could walk over to them, arms wrapped around my waist. Grayson's scent made my eyes shift back to normal, and I pursed my lips.

"Grayson, I'm fine," I replied as the women scurried away.

"Brooks, I can literally feel anger coming off of you so you are not fine," he replied, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Is there any leads on where Allison is?" I changed the subject.

Grayson shook his head, disappointed,"No, and the Blood Moon Festival is tomorrow night."

I sighed,"Gray, I need you to promise me something."

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, and I pulled him out into the hallway.

I looked around to see that nobody was in the hall, and I licked my lips, nervously.

"I need you to promise me that if there is no other way, you will hand me over to Carson without a fight."

Grayson shook his head,"Nope. Not happening. He is not going to lay a hand on you tomorrow or the next day and so forth."

Tears built in the corners of my eyes, but I blinked them.

"You are going to have to. In order to keep Allison, you, and the pack safe, I'm going to have to turn myself in to Carson. I mean, look at what already happened, Grayson. Your father is dead because of Carson trying to get me. I can't...I won't let him hurt anybody else."

"We will figure out a way. I know we will," Grayson said in disbelief.

"We are running out of time. If I don't turn myself in, Allison is going to die."

"What about your vision? You said that we made a plan."

I told Grayson yesterday about the vision I had of him and Carson talking at the fair.

"Did you forget the part where you die?"

"The future changes all the time," he argued, running a hand through his hair.