Chapter 27

"We have intercepted a transmission from General Grievous ship." A trooper reported to us as we stood in the command Center of the cruiser. "We are decrypting the audio, sir." Moments later a cloaked figure appeared in hologram form to reveal Dookus assassin, Ventress.

"The clone planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target." Ventress stated to the droid General.

"Just make sure you hold up your half of the mission. We must stop the production of new clones if we are to win this war." Grievous instructed his reminder, just before the transmission cut out.

"Kamino." Anakin looked to Kenobi with thought in his voice for the planet.

"They're going to attack our home planet." Rex grew slightly upset, careful not to show it too much.

"The Separatists are taking quite the chance even considering this." Obi Wan stroked his beard in thought as I shifted slightly on my feet.

"With all due respect, General, if someone comes to our home, they better be carrying a big blaster." Rex stated confidently.

"I concur with Captain Rex, sir. This is personal for us clones." Cody told us their view on the situation at hand.

"We'll make sure Kamino is secure." I promised the men with a small smile and a nod.

"Tell your troopers in the 501st they're going home." Anakin nodded to Rex.

"Yes, sir!" The captain responded with a salute, walking off with Cody to tell the others the news.

~~~

"Masters Kenobi and Skywalker, Padawan Jayko, Welcome to Kamino." Shaak Ti welcomed us as we landed in the city, Rex and Cody standing behind us as troopers marched around in preparation for the incoming battle.

"Greetings, Generals." The Prime minister of Kamino greeted blandly, ignoring my presence beside them.

"I wish our arrival wasn't under such circumstances. We believe Grievous is planning a Separatist attack on Kamino." My master epxplained to the duo.

"But the Republic blockade is far too strong. They would not dare." Lama Su commented.

"Come, let us discuss this further" Master Ti lead us into the buildings where we made our way towards the command Center. Soon after entering sirens and alarms blared through the city.

"What's going on?" I looked to Cody and Rex as I walked beside them in the clean white hallways.

"They've started the attack" Rex explained simply. I nodded in understanding as we all picked up the pace into the base.

"I'll go lead the battle up there!" Anakin called as he ran off to find a ship.

"Shore up our defenses." Cody ordered while we brought up a hologram map.

"The fleet is not as large as I expected. Begin the air strike." Shaak Ti commanded.

"Warning! Falling Debris." A voice called over the city.

"Grievous appears to be sacrificing his transports in favor of protecting his command ship." I looked at the holo battle confused as to why he would do this so easily, an odd feeling settling in my mind.

"Something's not right." My Master stroked his beard, contemplating the battle.

"I'm going to press the attack, Master." Anakins voice sounded out over comm link.

"No, Anakin. Wait! It's too easy. Not even Grievous would attack so recklessly." Kenobi orders.

"Master, the battle's up here in space, not down there." Anakin reminded in a sassy way.