Chapter 28

"Lyra, hey!" Anakin called out, catching me just as I exited the library with my studies.

"Hello, Master Skywalker" I greeted with a smile.

"Force, your so formal" he joked. "Anyway, master Yoda is sending you and Ahsoka on a mission to Mandolore. You will be teaching the cadets at the academy" the Jedi explained the task.

"When do we leave?"

"One rotation!" He called back, running off to find his own Padawan. I laughed simply and made my way back to my quarters.

~~~

"The Jedi Council has given you a mission, Ahsoka. It's your duty to see it through." Anakin told his Padawan as she protested the mission. Rex sat beside me while Ahsoka and Anakin piloted the shuttle to the surface.

"Don't you think I'm just a little overqualified for this?" She questioned with annoyance for the mission.

"If you are just a little overqualified for this then Lyra is way overqualified"
Anakin joked but his Padawan didn't seem amused. "According to Senator Amidala, Mandalore is a deeply corrupt world. If the cycle is to be broken, the future leaders at the Royal Academy of Government must learn the evils of corruption. Yoda feels that only a young Padawan like you can get through to them." Anakin told her the reasoning. "And Lyra will be there to keep everything in order too."

"There it is" I pointed ahead to the docking bay.

"Duchess Satine." Anakin greeted, kissing the back of her hand after we landed. "Prime Minister Almec." He looked to the man with a nod of respect.

"Master Skywalker, so good to see you again. This is your Padawan, I assume?" She looked to the young Togruta beside me.

"Yes, my lady. May I present Ahsoka Tano." He looked down at her.

"Duchess. Prime Minister." She nodded to them both.

"And Kenobi's Padawan? Lyra?" she smiled at me, trying to recall my name after the last time we had met.

"Yes, Duchess. It is an honour to be helping you again" I smiled to her with kindness.

"I am grateful that the Jedi Council could spare the three of you to help instruct our leaders and peacekeepers of tomorrow. Please thank Master Yoda for me." She thanks all three of us. Anakin looked to me with confusion written all over his face.

"I'm afraid that due to our limited resources, I must return to battle immediately." Anakin stuttered as he didn't know it was expected for him to stay.

"So you will not be staying, Master Skywalker?" Prime minister asked in a pushy tone.

"No, but I assure you, Padawan Tano and Padawan Jayko are highly capable Jedi and have the full confidence of the Council." Anakin reminded, talking us up.

"Very well. Cadet Korkie, Amis, Lagos. These are some of the cadets that you will be instructing, Padawans." Prime minister called forward three kids about Ahsokas age.

"Nice to meet all of you." We greeted them with smiles and nods.

"That's a fine weapon. May I see it?" Korkie stepped forward with sudden interest at the lightsabers on our belts.

"I'm afraid not. Because of Master Kenobi's recent visit and the trouble that followed, no offworlders may carry weapons on Mandalore." Prime minister held him back as he made his statement.

"Master Obi-Wan caused trouble? That's a first." Ahsoka commented, seemingly amused by the troubles caused.

"Just give me the lightsaber." Anakin held out his hands as Ahsoka handed hers to him. "You too Lyra" he urged as I unclipped the double sabers from my belt and handed them over.

Life Of WarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara