Chapter 51

"All clear, sir. There are no Separatist craft in the system." A trooper reported to Obi Wan, Anakin and I as we stood on the bridge of the cruiser, looking down on the planet below which held our next mission.

"It's been 10 rotations since Master Yoda's transmission." Anakin started as we all walked back to the control room. "I just hope we're not too late."

"Rex. Take us down." I ordered as we approached him in the control room.

"Yes, sir." He responded with a nod. The group of us moved towards the hanger, catching Ahsoka on the way. Everyone piled into the speeders, anxiousness filling us all at the thought of being too late.

"Anybody else think it's too quiet? I haven't seen any colonists." Ahsoka pointed out as we sped through the town on our speeders, finding nothing in sight.

"They're probably hiding." Anakin told her simply, though something felt off to me.

"Let's hope they stay hidden. It makes our job easier if we don't have to worry about them in battle." Obi Wan pulled up beside them on the speeder with Rex by the blasters beside him.

"I don't like it. The clankers have never been shy about using civvies as living shields." Rex gave his input on the situation at hand.

"I'm sure they're here somewhere. Let's make for the city center." Anakin instructed, leaving us to follow after him and his Padawan.

"Biker droids dead ahead!" Ahsoka warned as all of us rounded the corner into enemy territory.

"Squad, tighten up! Form on me!" Anakin ordered. Rex began to shoot at the droids while Ahsoka and I used our sabers to cut them down as they sped behind us, attempting to corner us. Our gunners turned behind as the enemy shot from our backs, shooting back with precision.

"We're all clear, Master." Ahsoka told him as we found the droids in the Center of the village. Rex had set up his rocket launcher and shot at one of the large tanks, blowing it up with ease. I had jumped off my speeder suddenly and flipped over the tank, dropping detonators inside as I passed. The tank exploded behind me as I dove and covered, the others speeding around to meet me.

"Captain, have your men secure the area." Obi Wan told Rex which was followed by a nod and the soldier walking off to gather troopers to secure the area.

"How are we doing, Boil?" I asked up at the troopers on a chicken Walker.

"We're still mopping up clankers here and there, sir. We've established a perimeter around the Governor's Tower. No one gets out without a fight." He explained the situation.

"Good work." I told him before turning back to Cody. "Cody, any word from the Separatist commander?" I asked, Obi Wan joining us to discuss.

"He's barricaded inside. His name is Darts D'Nar. He sent you a message, sir." Cody pulled out a holo transmission for us.

"Master Kenobi, come to the tower. We will negotiate terms for surrender." The hologram said.

"Well, that was easy." Obi Wan shrugged at the simplicity.

"Zygerrian scum. I'll handle that slaver." Anakin growled as he used the force to take the transmission and crush it.

"Anakin, he asked for me. I need you to locate the missing Togruta colonists." Obi Wan reminded as Ahsoka and I looked together with worry for her masters sudden emotion over everything.

"Fine. I'll have Admiral Yularen initiate a planetary bio-scan." Anakin walked off in a huff.

"Why is he so upset?" Ahsoka asked Kenobi once Skywalker was far away.