Chapter 10

"Commander Jayko, you will be escorting Senator Amidala back to Ryloth where she will be discussing negotiations with Cham Syndulla" Windu stated my mission. Because I was still recovering from the small wound I received on my last mission I was being sent on smaller missions such as negotiations.

"Yes, Master"

"Oh and Captain Rex will be joining you on the request of Skywalker" he added calmly.

"Of course" I nodded back before leaving to meet the Senator in the hanger. As I moved through the temples my mind was off in its own world.

"Are you alright, Lyra? You look distracted" Padmé commented as I almost bumped into multiple people on the way over to her.

"Yeah, sorry" I laughed lightly. "I'm fine"

"Good, Rex is already on board" she led me on beside her. Most of the ride was silence other than Padmé and I carrying on a small conversation in the back.

"We are landing now" Rex reported after talking to the pilot.

"Thank you, Captain" Padme smiled up at him before standing and walking towards the ramp. I placed my cloak over my head and followed her off the ship and into the hanger where Syndulla met us.

"Welcome to Ryloth Senator" he greeted Padmé.

"Thank you" she smiled, being led inside.

"We should scout out the area and secure the building" I looked to Rex as we followed behind the group.

"Yes, sir" he agreed with a nod before we both walked off separate ways to secure the area. While walking through the halls of the building I had paused at an odd feeling settling into my mind.

"Captain, I sense something is wrong, have you found anything?"

"No sir— Wait— there's..." the transmission cut out along with Rex's voice.

"Well, I guess that answers my question." I sighed shakily, rubbing a hand gently over my wounded arm I decided it was strong enough to deal with the problem. Running to reach the Senator all of the doors and exits has been locked and the lights flicked out, turning on the emergency lights in the process. Blaster shots came from behind as I ducked and pulled out my lightsabers to deflect the blasts but before I could do anything I had been tackled to the ground and pinned down, hood falling off.

"Jedi" the hunter scowled.

"Bounty hunters" I snarled back, force pushing the man off of me as I scrambled to run.

"Commander?" Rex's voice crackled through to me once again.

"Captain, I'm here" I replied. "We need to get to the Senator" I gave him his orders with urgency.

"There are bounty hunters all over the place" he warned.

"I know, I just ran into a few" I turned a corner only to run into another bounty Hunter. Reaching for my sabers I noticed they were both missing. "Kriff" I muttered, knowing I must have lost them when I was tackled.

"What is it?" He asked back as I swiftly dodged two shots at my head and ran down another hallway.

"Rex, please tell me you have my sabers" I begged out, knowing he was in the building looking around.

"I just found them" he paused to pick them both up. "Why don't you have them?" The clone held my weapons in his hands after shooting a bounty hunter away.

"I lost them, just listen, I need them soon"

"Alright, I'm heading into the meeting now" he replied, entering the room to find Cham and Padmé being held against their will by the intruders. I had rushed around the building but was caught in the hallway again.