Chapter 36

"General Skywalker, come in!" Rex's voice woke us up from our sleep.

"What?" I looked to Ahsoka with confusion, rubbing my eyes which caught the attention of Rex, earning a small smile from him that went unnoticed by me.

"We read you, Rex. Can you hear me?" Anakin asked, ignoring our confusion.

"Yes sir, standing by. We were worried. You were off the scopes there for a moment."

"A moment?" I questioned.

"We've been gone more than a moment, Rex." Anakin told his captain.

"Sir, I don't understand. You'll need to explain." Rex said.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. We're coming in now." Anakin flew the shuttle towards the cruiser that had seemed to appear before us.

"Generals" Rex saluted as he met us in the hanger.

"Captain" I nodded.

"Rex, any word on the mission?" Anakin asked.

"No sir, the council seemed to have canceled it, claiming it was no longer there" Rex seemed confused by his own words. "They are waiting to meet with you" he finished.

"Well let's not keep them waiting" Kenobi lead us towards the bridge. I waved as we left the clone captain and Ahsoka in the hanger.

"Oooh" Ahsoka taunted as Rex watched me walk away.

"Uh commander?" He looked to the girl with confusion and slight embarrassment from getting caught.

"You like Lyra!" Ahsoka cheered in a sing song voice.

"What? No, no, no, no, no" he rambled quickly in protest.

"Uh huh sure" she smirked, walking away calmly.

~~~

Anakin and I were walking through the barracks on Coruscant, gathering some troopers for me to take on my next mission.

"So how do you like being a general?" Anakin questioned me with a smile.

"It's different and has a lot more responsibility but I think I'm handling it well" I shrugged modestly. Anakin nodded along in understanding the change from Padawan to Jedi knight. I looked around the barracks, noticing a group of troopers from the 501st playing catch with a ball.

"Well you are more responsible than a lot of people" the Jedi beside me commented. With quick reflexes I raised my hand sharply, catching the ball just before it hit my head. "Nice catch" Anakin said with shock while I had spun around to find Rex shouting at Hardcase.

"Why would you throw the ball over there? Your lucky General Jayko caught it before it hit her. What if it had hit General Skywalker or Jayko? Huh?" Rex was fuming at his brother who had purposefully thrown the ball in your direction to get your attention.

"She's clearly fine Rex, it was an accident" Hardcase raised his hands in defence.

"Yeah, sure it was" Rex nodded along, not believing a word his brother said.

"Can I see that?" Anakin held his hand out for the ball. I turned back to him and hesitantly handed him the ball that had nearly taken me out. As soon as the ball was in his hand it was gone again, thrown towards the clone captain, hitting the back of Rex's head.

"Anakin! What was that for?" I began to scold. "He wasn't wearing a helmet, you could have seriously hurt him"

"He looks fine to me" Anakin shrugged before walking off again. I look back to the troopers, this time catching Rex's eyes as he holds the back of his head. With a groan I stomped after Anakin, going to meet the three troopers who were to escort me to negotiate with a neutral planet.