Chapter 85

"General!" Rex had crawled over to me after the dust had settled around us. He cleared the hair out of my face as he sat in front of me, inspecting my cuts because I had no protection against the crash like their armour. Looking up I squinted at the dim light coming in through the now opened doors, ears ringing from the crash. Seeing Kix being helped out, Rex pulled me to my feet. "Take her first" Rex helped me up to where Wrecker would set me safely on the ground after his team was already out.

"We always get shot down when we travel with regs." Wrecker complained after Rex had jumped out on his own. The clone Captain had quickly moved over to help me stand as I was still weakened with small injury's from the event. I gave him a nod of thanks when I heard someone cry out.

"Cody! Help!" Kix looked back for the commander and called to us for help. "He's trapped! We have to do something."

"I'll get him." Rex moved to help his brother, leaving me beside Jesse who he had trusted.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, Captain. Wrecker, get him out." Hunter stopped Rex from going into the gunship again, holding him back with a hand on the shoulder.

"Get back!" Wreaked ordered everyone, Rex being gently pushed back by Hunter.

"This is ridiculous! He's gonna need help to get Cody out of there." Kix complained as we all watched intensely, waiting to see what he would do.

"He's gonna get the gunship out of there. Not Cody." Crosshair stated calmly, toothpick in his mouth. Wrecker used his strength to lift the gunship and throw it back, pulling Cody out and throwing him over his shoulder.

"Boom." The ship blew up as Wrecker walked towards us, the rest of us wincing and covering our faces from the explosion. After a moment we all rushed over to where Kix was helping to gently set Cody on the ground to be inspected for injury's.

"He has internal damage. I can cut the pain. But he needs help fast." Kix scanned Codys chest and pulled off his Med Pack to start working on him.

"We all need help. That blast gave away our position." Crosshair warned as he looked to the incoming droid army that had spotted us.

"I thought getting shot down gave away our position." Hunter suggested with a hint of sarcasm.

"Everyone, find cover. We'll hold this position and let them come to us." Rex ordered out, taking action as Cody and I were still shaken up from what had just happened.

"I don't think so, Captain. That's not our style. We prefer going to them. Bad Batch! Plan 82, 'Shockwave!'" Hunter ordered next and they all set to work. Wrecker grabbed the gunship door to use as a shield for his brothers. "Let's get to work." Hunter told them as the rest of us took cover at our position.

"Jesse, help Kix get Cody over here" Rex started to give out orders as he helped me limp over to take cover behind some rubble from the crash.

"Thanks" I nodded up as Rex had set me down.

"You alright General?" Kix turned his attention to me, knowing he couldn't do much to help Cody right now.

"Yeah, just a little sore with a few cuts" I explained simply, shifting to get more comfortable.

"Here" he tossed me a cloth, noticing my leg had a gash in it. He also handed over some bacta spray for the wound. I nodded in appreciation and started trying to tie it up, but I was struggling to do so.

"Let me" Rex kneeled in front of me and carefully took the cloth from my hands as my frustration was growing more and more. I slumped back with a huff, watching as he tied the cloth with focus, attempting not to hurt me any more than I already was. He looked up with a small smile towards me, having set his helmet aside to give him a clear view of the wound.