49| The Incident

"Zara , I'm really sorry, I know I wasn't fair to you at all. I should have look into the matter and investigate, please Zara find it in your heart to forgive me , please." Faisal pleaded looking at her.

"Hn! You think is easy Mr? huh ? Just tell me , do you have any idea of what i went through because of what you did ?"

"I know Zara, i know, i just didn't know what got into my head that faithfully day, please Zara."

"Hm! Story of the gods now if you will excuse me." Zara said and entered the car leaving him there stranded.

**

"What's this Dinah?" Hajiya Aisha said showing Dinah a white bottle.

Dinah's eyes bulged out, Oh God how did she find the bottle? she thought.

She gulped before saying. "Oh Aunt Aisha, it's nothing, it's a painkiller, i was feeling down so i took it to relieve the pain." Dinah stammered smiling at her Aunt.

Hajiya Aisha smiled at her niece before saying.
"It's okay, that was what I thought." She said and left.

"Oh that was close." Dinah sighed.

"What was close?" A voice asked.

———

"Assalamu Alaikum." Hanifa said entering her father's living room.

"Wa alikissalam my Hani." Senator Ahmad said patting the space next to him for her.

She went and sat beside him before hugging him. "Father i came to ask you something." Hanifa said.

"I'm all ears." He said patting her back.

"Father, what was the incident that happened nineteen years ago?" She asked making him to abruptly look at her.

"How did you know about this my Hani?" Senator Ahmad asked.

"We had a fight earlier with Ammie and she said that I should ask you the incident that happened nineteen years ago that changed her from who she was." Hanifa said.

"What was the cause of your fight with her.?" Senator Ahmad asked.

Hanifa told him all that happened. He nodded his head before clearing his voice.

"Are you sure you want to know my Hani?" He asked again.

"Yes Father hundred percent sure." She said and smiled at him.

"Okay." He said and started...

Nineteen Years ago.....

It was a sunny weather and a heavily pregnant woman around her mid twenties came out of a tattered bathroom heaving.

From the look of things , the pregnancy is giving her a hard time. She went and sat on her bed reciting some azhkar to ease her pain.

A three year old girl came into the room crying in her worn out clothes due to poverty.

"What's the problem Dinah, why are you crying?" The woman asked her voice seizing.

"Ammie, it's Anna , she beats me again." The girl said crying hysterically.

The woman didn't get to speak when an arrogant old woman barged into the room.