17| Heartbroken

This chapter is dedicated to my lovely sis Riihaannaa whose picture was used as Fatimah Zara i love you♥️.

"Zara, Zara." Hajiya Maryam said shaking her daughter with tears in her eyes.

"Mummy calm down let me pick her up Faruk call the doctor" Muhammad the eldest son said.

He picked Zara up bridal style and took her to Alhaji Umar Faruk's side to avoid the guests.

Their family doctor arrived shortly. After examing Zara for a while.

He said."She was shocked that's why she fainted" The doctor said.

"But don't worry she will soon wake up give her this medicines when she wakes up" He said and handed the medicines to Hajiya Maryam.

"Thank you doctor" Alhaji Umar Faruk said shaking the doctor's hand.

"My pleasure Alhaji , make sure she takes the drugs and don't stress her I wish her quick recovery" He said and took his leave.

"Innanillahi wa'ina ilaihi raji'un what is happening" Hajiya Maryam said bursting in tears.

"Maryam please calm down she will be alright" Alhaji Umar Faruk said calming his wife.

"But can you people please tell me what happened ,why did he called off the wedding" Hajiya Maryam said looking at her husband and sons.

"I also don't know the reason why he called off the wedding ,I asked his father and the father said he had no idea " Alhaji Umar Faruk said.

"And the douchebag wasn't even at the mosque" Muhammad said.

"I feel like going to wherever he is and punch him hard on the face." Faruk added .

Hajiya Maryam is still crying when she remembered something and abrubtly looked at Mahmud.

"Mahmud isn't Nafida his cousin please call her and ask her why he did this to my poor daughter" She said caressing her daughter's hand.

"Nobody will ask him why he did what he did to my daughter my daughter's self-respect is more important than anything if he knew he won't marry her , why did he waste our time in the first place and Mahmud tell Nafida to inform him about his lefe he should come and take it back we don't need it and I repeat nobody should call his family is that clear" Alhaji Umar Faruk Galadanchi said in his authoritative voice.

"Yes Daddy" The four sons said and nodded their heads.

"Maryam come with me" Alhaji Faruk said gesturing for his wife to follow him.

She nodded her head and wipe her tear stained face before following him.

"What should we tell the guests" Hajiya Maryam asked her husband wiping her tears.

"Calm down Maryam I think you should inform Hajiya about the situation" Alhaji Umar Faruk said referring to his mother.

"B-but you know she doesn't like me how am I going to break this sad news to her " Hajiya Maryam said.