1| Fatima Zara

BISMILLAHI RAHMANIR RAHIM.
IN THE NAME OF ALLAH , THE MOST MERCIFUL, THE MOST GLORIOUS.

Saturday.
12:36 Pm.

"Zara , Zara....It's 12 o'clock in the afternoon and you are still sleeping." My Mum said as she walked into my room and opened up the curtains, exposing me to the sun as it's rays stabbed me in the eyes.

I quickly pulled my blanket up to my face to cover my head and to prevent the rays from running deeper into my eyes.

"Mummy please leave me alone it is just 12 fa I'm sleepy." I whinned.

"That's not my concern Zara have you even prayed.?" My Mum asked, looking at me and folding her hands on her chest, which is something she does when she is serious.

"Yes Mummy." I said, still covered in my blanket.

"Go and take a shower then, i need you to escort me somewhere." Mummy said making me to abruptly sit up and pouted.

"Mummy where?...just go alone please."

"No you must come with me." Mummy said sternly.

"I'm waiting for you and hurry and come downstairs or else I won't hesitate to beat the hell out of you." Mummy threatens and walks out.

"Uhhh." I groaned loudly.

Now you must be wondering who I am, well, I am Fatima Zara Umar Faruk Galadanchi, only daughter to Alhaji Umar Faruk Galadanchi, a wealthy business tycoon. I am sixteen Years old, a final year student in St.Louis Secondary School Bompai Kano. I am the only female amongst five males. I am average in height( neither short nor tall) and fair in complexion.

My Dad is a combination of Fulani and Hausa from kano while my Mom is a Lebanese which made me a half cast. I am more closer to my Dad than my Mom because he makes sure I get everything I want and gives me the freedom I want unlike my Mom who is very strict. She is always complaining about how my dad spoils me.

She says."You are not doing good to your daughter just because she is your only daughter that doesn't mean you should spoil her, she is a girl and will get married one day how do you expect her to make a good wife with the way you are bringing her up?".

Back to the main story I got up from my bed took my shower and dressed up in a pink boubou lace, packed my mass of a hair. I don't know how to tie the headgear so I just drapped a small veil around my hair and left to greet my Dad.

"Daddy." I squealed as I entered his room and gave him a hug.

"Good morning Daddy." I greeted.

"Morning Princess how are you?" He asked smiling at me.

"Fine Daddy." I said and was about to ask Daddy some cash when Mummy interrupted.

"Zara." Mummy said making me to groan softly.

"Are you ready." She asked.

"Yes, i am." I mumbled.

"Let's go then."

She said and we bid Daddy goodbye and left . I met Mummy in the parking lot waiting for me. Just as i was about to enter the car Mummy stopped me

"And where do you think you are going with that veil that barely cover your hair." My Mummy asked, lookingly at me fiercely.

Oh lord of mercy I mumbled to myself .

"Oh come on Mummy what's wrong with my veil."
I said nonchalantly because i actually saw nothing wrong with my veil.

"Go and change that veil Zara." Mummy said through gritted teeth and i knew better not to argue with her so I gently went inside to change the veil with a more bigger one.

10.7.20💎