5. DNA

MASON POV:

I leave the two thieves down in the basement, and make my way upstairs to wait for my brother. He told me to be in the look out recently, because they're having some issues with a mole.

I turn the safety back on, and place my gun on the low rise coffee table placed in the centre of the room. Running my fingers on the shaggy black carpet as I flop down to sit on the floor. It's been a long fucking day. I sigh, and rub my hands down my face.

I look up when I hear the door slam shut, and I roll my eyes. Boss is home. "Where are they?" He says in greeting. I push myself back onto my feet, "hello to you too, and oh, I'm great. Thanks for asking." I say dryly. He grunts, "don't get smart with me. Show me. Now!"

I do as the boss man says.

The boy is tugging on his restraints when the light flickers on and his eyes look over at the two of us, calculating. Sorry kid. There's absolutely no way to get out of this one. Should've thought of that before you snook into my house. Dipshit.

"Names, ages, and group." Jayden commands, walking closer and stopping in-front of them with his hands clasped behind his back. Oh he means business, okay. They stay silent and he tuts, "answer me boy, or the girl will be punished." Jayden warns.

"Don't you fucking dare," the boy snarls, his face getting redder by the second. Jayden raises his hand as if to strike her across the face, I know he won't hit the child, but the boy doesn't. The girl remains silent and completely still. "Stop! Fuck. Stop, okay I'll tell you everything just don't touch her." He begs and my brother lowers his hand.

Ding ding ding. Right answer kid.

"Names, ages, and group." Jayden repeats. The boy is silent for a moment, looking towards the girl before turning back to my brother. "I'm Luca, 17. That's Liliana, also 17. My baby sister, so please don't hurt her." The begging makes me scoff. How pathetic.

Jayden and eye make eye contact and I nod. He didn't respond to the last question.

I walk behind the girls chair and Luca snaps his head towards me, "what the fuck are you doing? I told you what you wanted to know!"

Hmm interesting. That's direct avoidance about groups twice now. I reach out my hand and pick up a single strand of hair on her head. Their caps and hoods were removed as soon as they were seated.

"Get the fuck off her!" Luca practically growls, and I smirk. Silly boy, you've shown your weakness. I pluck the single strand of hair from her head and her body doesn't even react. Weird.

I move over to the table, opening the red box, and pull out two small ziplock bags. After placing the hair inside one, I seal it and use a black marker to write 'girl. 17. Liliana.' I then do the same to Luca and write 'boy. 17. Luca'

After I'm finished I take both bags and move back to my original position against the wall to watch the scene. Jayden clears his throat, drawing the kids attention back to him, "the hair will be sent to a lab and tested, and once your identities have been confirmed...or disproven, I will discuss the next steps with the others."

"D-DNA testing?" The girl speaks for the first time since Jayden entered and I take note of how her face pales and she begins to sweat under the fluorescent white light. Wanting to know the boys reaction, I dart my eyes his way. Oooh now it's getting interesting. This is what it took to scare him...why?

Jayden nods, and then bends his knees to be level with the girl. She attempts and fails to move further away. "Would you like some water?" He says and I almost missed how his voice become the tiniest bit softer. Fucking wimp.