30. Epilogue

Dear Lu,

Let's start this off with a suitable greeting shall we?

Hey asshat. I know I'm going to miss you like hell, and I'm sorry for what I've done. I want you to know that it wouldn't have mattered if you had known, because I would've done the same thing. Truthfully? I wanted to go down in the history books as the badass hero who burnt down the villains lair and then saved the city. Not quite an avenger am I?

I know exactly what's going on in that pea brain head of yours, and no it's not your fault. No you aren't to blame for this or anything that happened all those years. Please don't blame yourself, or I'll be forced to scratch your new car from beyond the grave.

So go, live a good life. But don't you dare forget about me! I want you to do a ballet dance on our birthday in dedication to the best sister ever! Every. Year. And yes, that's leotard, tights and all.

I'm waiting up here, HA who am I kidding? I'm waiting down here for you; Satan was kind enough to let me practice a new performance I wanted to show you, I know how much you loved seeing me dance.

I'll be watching. After all that's what's we promised right? Together. Always.

Pinky promise.

I love you, Bitch-tit.

And the ink had smudged at the bottom where Lu had taken a pen. Writing for the final time with bleary eyes: 'I love you, dick-eyes'

The brothers had each received a letter, realising that she had planned this and sent them ahead of time. They understood why she'd done it, but it broke them to not have been able to help her all those years.

Jayden became colder, unable to even look at a girl without seeing his sisters bright eyes. Olly was unable to laugh along with his friends, only ever remembering he'd never hear his baby sister joyful laughter; and couldn't continue loving the boy from his class that he'd always admired from afar. Mason was broken, bedridden for months before admittance to a hospital. After his sisters death he'd kept Daniel alive, barely, for four years. Mason was never released from hospital, ultimately committing suicide on what would have been his sisters 25th birthday.

———-

Dear Enzo,

You came crashing into my life, those dark eyes and soft caresses. We only had months together, and I can only imagine what we could've become after years. Gosh, that hurts. That will always be my biggest regret. Time.

I can't promise to be here for the rest of your life, but I can promise to love you until the end of time. And that's exactly what I will do.

I'm certain we will meet again. Beneath a canopy of stars, our skin glimmering beneath the moonlight. We will.

Please go and live a full life, get married and have children. I'll be smiling down on each and every one of you, and I will love all of them like my own. I promise.

Goodbye Enzo.

Te quiero, my love.

Lorenzo was never able to love another woman again, and never went on to get married. But every morning he was awoken by the gentle giggles of a curly haired, blue eyed girl who he had adopted when she was two. He had no idea how, but she was the spitting image of the love of his life.

It was like she had left a piece of her behind for him. A daughter to love together, through only his heart.

—-

And her best friend? Well Dalton had never been able to open his letter, but he always kept it with him even decades later. Swearing to never forget his princess. The small energetic ball of golden curls and ocean eyes reminded him of her, his Lily. A light in the darkness.

His flower.

——
They each questioned the same thing everyday: Can a heart still beat once it's broken?

Liliana Clarke.

The destruction of the Clark boys, her soulmate, and her lover.

THE END <3