12. Bump

LILY POV:

We have been here for just over a week, and I have never been as happy as I am right now. I have managed to work up enough courage to ask about ballet lessons, which I'm going to do tonight at dinner. I have also been able to condition myself, with Lu's assistance, to be able to deal with physical contact with Dalton. Though, because it's only been a week, I can only handle his touch for a few seconds at a time. But, ill get there.

A long arm wraps around my neck, and a large hand ruffles my hair causing the curls to tangle together. "Not again!" I grumble as Lu and Dalton let me go. Theyve been able to get past their little...disagreement from the first day and seem to get along pretty well. Though Lu still hates it when Dee is flirtatious towards me, but I know hes only joking. "It's not fair you two ganging up on me together! Dee you're supposed to be my friend!"

He grips my hips and lifts me so I'm at his eye-level and I let out a quiet squeal. "I could be so much more than your friend, flower. Late at night, when you're all alone and cold and-" Dee's low voice is cut off by Lu pulling me out of his hold. "Okay, that's enough of that shit dude. My. Baby. Sister. Remember that!" Lu points an accusing finger at Dee and he lifts his hands in surrender.

There is a girls bathroom not far from the cafeteria entrance so I decide to go in there before joining the boys and Ciara at our table. The boys were reluctant to leave me, but after i assured them I was quite old enough to walk from A to B safely, they left.

I use the water on my hands to run through my tangled hair. They do this basically every day. It is so annoying! I repace the lip buteer lipbalm on my lips and ensure my leggins and Hoodie are still clean. Finally ready, I exit the bathroom, turn the corner and slam facefirst into a hard chest. My back slams against the cool tiles and I let out a low curse. Well, that's not embarrassing at all!

"I am so sorry! I wasn't looking w-where I was going and I was in a rush a-and -" I ramble, still too scared to look up at the person I so rudely smashed into. I am just staring at his black shoes. They look expensive. They're probably going to hate me. Great, good work Liliana. You were doing so well and now you've only gone and done it. Dumb bitch.

The victim lets out a grunt, turning on his heels and walking into the cafeteria. I wait a few minutes before following behind. Yep, mystery man hates my guts.

I plonk myself inbetween Lu and Dee, the former discussing football plays with the latter while he shoves as much of his turkey burger into his mouth as he can. Yummy. Oliver is looking longingly at a table in the distance, probably admiring one of the many beautiful students at this school. I wonder if he has a crush? Ciara still isn't here, i think she said she had a cheer meeting for at least half of lunch. And Mason? I don't even bother looking in his direction, because I know he will just be staring at me with hatred. It hasn't gotten any better.

But, when my eyes fall to the ground beneath the circular table I notice a second pair of shoes. Black shoes. THE black shoes. Fucking tittynuts. Just my luck.

My head snaps up to the face and i feel my lips part slightly in awe. He looks like a GOD! His dark hair is almost a shade of black, his posture screams uncaring but alert, and his caramel eyes are breath-taking. I want to look into them all day, they actually make me quite hungry. Ooo chocolate muffins. I realise I have been staring at this guy for quite a while and go to turn away, but then I notice it. His eyes. They are staring right back at me.

Well shit, this is how I died? Not in a literal blaze of glory? oh well, peace out.

Oliver, now seemingly back from dreamland, clears his throat and gestures towards mystery man. "Liliana this is Lorenzo. Lorenzo, our sister Liliana."

Haha, I'm in danger.

-----------------------

ENZO POV:

I have been away for almost three weeks, because my idiot of a brother apparently can't control everything properly. And father calimed that I was the useless one? Ha, papa roll over in your grave you piece of shit. You were wrong.

I'm glad to be back, only to see my guys. Mason told me that they found the twins, an that the girl is such a prissy princess that it pisses him off. He isnt even admitting that they are actually blood related. A girl like that won't survive in a world like ours. Sad, but the harsh reality.

A petite body knocks into my chest, small brunette curls whipping across the girls pale face. I reach out a hand to stop her from falling, but she flinches away from my touch. I don't even think she realises she did it. Hmm.

I try not to laugh when she swears under her breath, refusing to look up at me. "I am so sorry! I wasn't looking w-where I was going and I was in a rush a-and -" she rambles, which i will never admit aloud but its rather cute. Not wanting to embarass her any further, I must be in one hell of a good mood today then, I grunt and leave.

I glance back over my shoulder before i walk into the cafeteria and she is shaking her head at herself, telling herself off silently. I feel my lips twitch in amusement but squash it down, before storming over to Mason and Oliver.

As soon as he sees me, Mason jumps from his seat and slaps my back, "when did you get back, dickhead, we couldve skipped." We sit down, I nod in greeting at Oliver who seems to be in his own world, and respond. "Late last night. Now I'm guessing that kid there is one of the twins, so where is the brat?" I motion towards the boy who seems vaguely familiar.

Mason opens his mouth to speak but then closes it, a look of annoyance present on his face as he gestures towards a small girl walking over with her head down. Ah, so clumsy girl is twin number two. She plops down between twin one and Dalton, taking the time to look at them both and then Oliver. She doesn't look over at us two.

I know the moment she recognises my shoes as her shoulders tense. She snaps her head up towards me and i finally see her face. And can I just say...

Fucking hell.

Oak coloured curls frame her face, vibrant blue eyes her most prominant feature and i note a green ring around the pupil. She seems almost surreal. Her soft pink lips slightly part, drawing my attention and I feel my breathing hitch. What the hell is going on? Get a grip Enzo. You don't know her, and that's your bestfriends little sister. Cut it out.

My eyes find their way back to hers and they grow wide as she realises im watching her too.

Oliver, now seemingly back from dreamland, clears his throat and gestures towards the most stunning girl I have ever seen. "Liliana this is Lorenzo. Lorenzo, our sister Liliana."

She looks down again, and i resist the urge to tilt her chin up so i can see her eyes again. "H-hello." She seems nervous, scared, and i can't tell if it's the concept of meeting new people that scares her, or me personally. A small part at the back of my brain hopes it's not the latter.

"Hey," I say nonchalantly, though I don't take my eyes off of her. She briefly looks up at me, and an image flashes through my mind, but i shake it away before it can even form. Absolutely not. Never.

She doesn't look in my direction or speak to me again throughout lunch, but my eyes seem to be drawn to her. Her twin, Luca, seems to notice this as he pulls her into his side, whispers something over her head into Dalton's ear, and glares at me. Dalton scoots closer to Liliana, and I have to bite my tongue.

"Enzo, you are in like lala land there." I shake my head and face Mason, "what?" He sighs and then repeats what he apparently already told me. "There's a family dinner tonight. Jayden wants you and Mattia to be there."

I can't help but look at Liliana in my periphial, "all of you will be there?" He looks confused by my question but nods. "Alright. We will be there at seven."

Maybe i'll get the chance to talk to her alone. Hear her soft voice.

Fucking chill, dude.

--**--

words: 1528