6. What?

LILY POV:

"Seven!"

"Ten!" 

We both say at the same time. Lu let's out a low chuckle that carries to me in the darkness. My heart hasn't stopped hammering in my chest all night, and Luca has been trying to distract me from it by playing telepathy. You know, because people think twins have twin telepathy.

"Okay. Fruits on three. Ready?" Lu begins to count down and we both say the first fruit that comes to mind. "Apple!" He says at the same time I say, "Cantalo -" but I'm cut off by the door slamming open.

The older man with dirty blonde hair and light stubble practically runs towards me and cups my face. I feel the sensation starting. The intense pain as though where his skin is touching is about to explode, as if his hands are carving out the flesh beneath my skin. "What the fuck are you doing!" I hear Luca shout, but I'm too focussed on trying not to let the dark shadow, creeping in the corners of my eyes, make me pass out from pain. It's too much. It hurts.

The man releases my face and rushes behind me, undoing each rope and tie, and I try so hard not to cry out in pain as his finger brush against my wrists and ankles. Throwing one last look at me, he makes his way over to Luca to do the same. "Call Oliver. Tell him to come home right now." The man instructs the younger one, who had just been stood in the doorway.

He stares at me for a moment, a war of thoughts inside his mind, before he clears his throat and moves from my sight.

I stay stiff in the exact same spot I was left in, and as soon Lu is free he practically knocks me over with the force of his embrace. My face is smushed against his shirt as he speaks, "come on princess. Let's get going." His eyes flit from the man, who is just watching us, back to me. "Let's go home."

I have to force down a humourless chuckle that's tempted to escape at that word. Home. We haven't had a home in months. I've not had a home in years.

He entwines our pinkies after scanning me for any sign of injury. I do the same for him, and he tugs me towards the stairs, not taking his eyes of the man. Who is still yet to speak.

"Wait!" The mans voice bounces against the concrete walls and travels through the cool air. Luca pauses, pushing me in-front of him so he's between me and the man. "Yes?" annoyance is clear in Lu's tone.

In two long strides the stubbled, 6ft3 man is only a foot away. "I have to...there are some things we need to discuss. It's extremely important."

Lu huffs, "look, we're leaving your stuff here. We're not taking any of it so just leave us be and we swear we won't come back." He begins walking again, his hands on my shoulders.

"No!" The man practically shouts, and I freeze, causing Lu to kick the heel of my boots and almost topple over me. He uses one arm to keep me upright, while his other is ramrod straight with his hand pressed against the wall. "Sorry, lily." And I nod in response.

"This matter must be discussed. So if you would please follow me to my office, willingly or force will be used." His authoritative give voice makes me instantly comply, and I step to the side to follow the man. "I'm Jayden, by the way." He says, looking down at me with a small smile. Out of the corner of my eye I see Lu tense, and he uses the hand he's holding to pull me to his side. If Jayden notices, he doesn't comment on it and simply leads the way down the same hallway we were forced down yesterday.

We pass by a large kitchen, with six stools lined up around the marble counter. Black oak cupboards line the walls which are painted an offset white, and each countertop is a pristine white. A small woven style bowl rests beneath one of the cupboards and is filled to the brim with apples and bananas. My mouth waters at the sight of any food.