8. Rules

LILY POV:

I tossed and turned all night, causing Lu to grumble about me being a worm. I don't know, he was half asleep. Now, as I look in the walled mirror, the dark undereye bags stand out against my prominent cheekbones. My curls are knotted and the stray hairs stick out from my head. I look like the dead.

I fight the hairbrush to get it through my hair, leaving only a gigantic ball of frizz where my hair once was. I pull out my leggings and the new t-shirt we got from the mini mall the other day, as well as my favourite lace bra and panties set that I bought in secret before we had to go on the run. Placing my things down on the countertop beside the black sink taps, I turn on the shower. Making sure to lock the door first, I jump in and my body immediately relaxes.

I tilt back my head, allowing the water to run through my hair and down my back. The waters warm too, and there's enough pressure so that its not just a trickle. God, I missed this.

Once Lu is ready, we make our way to the kitchen, where Jayden said he would give us the rules. I'm refusing to even acknowledge that he is making us start school tomorrow. Because if I ignore it, it goes away. Right? Well, that's what I'm hoping for because I don't have the best experience at school.

Jayden clears his throat, "Lets start off with the basics. You are both 17, as is Oliver. Now, the first three rules apply to both you and the boys. So: 1. No drugs, illegal activities, or drinking. You are underage. 2. Grades must be held to a high standard at all times, and rule number 3. show respect to each other. We are family."

I nod absentmindedly, trying to absorb his rules, while Lu stays silent beside me. He hates rules. Jayden then turns his whole attention to me, and I shift uncomfortably under his all-seeing eyes. "There is an extra rule for you, Liliana. But know that its to keep you as safe as possible. 4. No boyfriends or dating, which coincides with my absolute intolerance for revealing and inappropriate clothing. Understood?" I nod my head. At least he didn't tell me I couldn't burn shit down. I mean, yeah, its an illegal activity, but he didn't specify that I couldn't.

I cant help it if someone just happened to leave a trail of lighter fluid, and someone just so happens to accidentally drop a match. I don't control what happens. That's in the hands of the big guy.

After that, my newfound brothers leave the table. Jayden and Oliver make a beeline for the front door, while Mason, not so gracefully, stomps up the stairs like a scorned child. "Do you want some pancakes, Lily?" I flash a smile and Lu chuckles. "I'll take that as a yes."

I watch as he grabs everything he needs, standing over the stove and checking to make sure they're perfectly round, just how I like them. He chops up some strawberries after spreading Nutella on them and hands me a stack of five. He places his own plate in front of him, and we inhale it as if its about to be taken any second. We haven't eaten a home cooked meal in months.

Home...

That must be nice.

--**--

Words: 571

A/N : Sorry it's a shorter chapter, but in my opinion things are just about to get good!