13.Dinner ⚠️

LILY POV:

I must be downstairs by seven o'clock precisely, or there will be punishment. I don't think he knew that when Jayden said punishment, all I thought of was the forceful hands of the creature that plagued my nights. He could be out there, watching me right now through the windows, crouched behind the trees. Waiting.

"My beautiful sister, how long does it take for you to have a pee? Oh, are you taking a titanic sized sh-" I swing open the bathroom door, rolling my eyes at Lu as I pass him. "finally." I hear mutter under his breath. He seems to have forgotten that it took me exactly six minutes to throw on some leggings and one of his shirts which were baggy on me. He, on the other hand, took an hour pampering himself. Hypocrite.

All of my brothers were seated already. Panicking, I look towards the clock on the wall which read 6.55pm. Thank god, we weren't late. Jayden sat at the head of the table, his hair gelled back with precision, fingers laced together in front of him. Mason sat on his left, his lips curled up in disgust; a complete juxtaposition to Oliver who, as usual, was beaming. "Why are you still dressing like a homeless street rat?" Mason grumbles. I ignore him, pulling a glaring Lu to our seats.

Lu and I sat down in the empty seats, when I noticed two extra plates. One on Jayden's right, and one directly across from my seat. My forehead creased in confusion.

Before I could ask, the front door slammed open and there were voices. In walked a tall man, his dark chestnut hair coincides with his caramel coloured eyes. Similar to Jayden, he had some stubble along his sharp jaw, and a frozen face. Why did all these men always seem to have only two moods: angry, or empty. The tall mans eyes roamed over us, giving a lifted chin and a nod to the boys, but when his eyes landed on me, his entire aura seemed to shift.

He took a few steps closer and crouched down so his face was level with mine. "Hello," he spoke softly, like I was an injured animal and would attack out of fear at any moment. "I am Mattia. I cannot explain to you how happy I am to see you again, mi mariposa." (my butterfly). I have no idea who this man is, but he must have been birthed from the same crazy as my brothers.

Luca grips my shoulder, moving me back to create some space between the man and my confused face. "What the hell are you talking about?" Exactly my question, brother. Though, when I look at the man, despite his tall frame and large build which should intimidate me, I see it I see it in his eyes the way he looks at me. Not hatred. Not lust. But a look similar to the one that Oliver and Lu give me. Almost...love? No, I'm just tired and seeing things.

"Welcome back, patrón. Take a seat. Both of you." Jayden instructs.

I hadn't even noticed a second person stood in the doorway, watching me.

It was Lorenzo.

He walks over, his body draped in a dress shirt that tightly hugged his chest. His bottoms were tight, a deep navy almost black and a belt with a golden buckled wrapped around his hips. I follow each button of his white shirt up until I get to his face. The corner of his lip twitches, and I realise he caught me staring. Fuck offff!

"Next to me, Lorenzo." Mason speaks for the first time. He makes his way over to the angry man, but his eyes stay on my face. Pulling out the chair directly across from me, he opens his mouth to speak, but the maids come in with plates covered with silver. Fancy shmancy.

Everybody gets into their own conversations: Mattia and Jayden discuss something waving their hands about, Oliver talks with Lu about some gaming thing while Lu holds my hand on top of the table, and Mason is jabbering on in Lorenzo's ear. I keep quiet, with my head down to avoid any issues. But that doesn't seem to be in my favour tonight.