28. Hours

LILIANA POV:

I have hours left. Hours.

I'd tried to tell them, I really did, but I just couldn't. I loved them all, and if they got hurt because if me it would break me. I couldn't let that happen.

That's why I was here, stood outside of an old warehouse on the side of the canal. Hundreds of green metal cartons were stationed along the concrete embankment. It was cold, a slight bite from the wind caused me to pull my jacket tighter around my body as I surveyed the area under the moonlight.

"I was wondering when you'd show up, whore" he spat, but his voice was filled with a triumphant ring.

He knew he'd won.

ENZO POV:

I wake up with a huge smile on my face. Lily and I had grown a lot closer this past week, and every time I thought of her smile my heart would flip. God, she was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen. Inside and out.

She truly did take my breath away.

I'd planned us a surprise date tonight. I was going to take her to the nicest restaurant I could find with a roof terrace so that she could watch the stars while I watched her. I'd even bought her this dress I'd seen, it's material was soft and black. The high slit on the side made me melt just thinking about it on her. I would get down on my knees and beg for just one kiss if that's what she wanted.

Anything for her.

I roll out of bed, ruffling hair and stretching with a yawn. Last night Lily told me not to take her to school today, and though it was odd and I refused at first, she managed to convince me. Curse those plump damn lips. So soft against mine, her body pressing onto me and the noises she made when I ran my fingers over her skin, making me-

Ah shit. I turn on the shower, twisting the dial onto cold.

I hear my phone ring and I leave it, when it stops I get three new messages. I choose to get in the shower and get ready before I checked it. The quicker I got dressed, the quicker I could see mi amor. I wanted to remind her how much I found her hermosa.
{my love. beautiful}

Tonight is the night I'm going to tell her I love her.

Once I'm finished in the shower and dressed in jeans and a plain shirt, I pick up my phone. I scrub my hair with the towel before tossing it to the side.

When I unlock my phone, my heart stops.

Mase: hey man, is Lily with you? She wasn't here when we woke up.

[missed call from Mi Vida's ugly twin]

Mi Vida's ugly twin: it's Luca. Where the fuck is my sister? She didn't tell us she was leaving.

Dalton: have you seen princess? Her brothers are blowing up my phone. I'm worried, please tell her to text us back.

What the fuck is going on?

I grab my keys off the counter, bumping into Mattia on the stairs. "Where is mi mariposa?!" His voice was alarmed. I'd never heard panic in my brothers voice before.

He followed me out, leaning against the open window. "She's not here Mattia. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I'm-I'm scared. What if Daniel got to her? What if she's hurt? Shit, fuck what if she's-" my heart was thumping erratically against my chest and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Hey," he rests a palm on my shoulder reassuringly. "She's going to be okay. She's probably practicing her dance and forgot to charge her phone. It'll be okay." He pats my shoulder, then steps back for me to speed off out of the driveway.

—-

She wasn't practicing. She wasn't at school in any of her classes. I'd slammed open the door to each one, pleading with whoever was listening that she would be sat there. Her beautiful eyes looking at me, her angelic voice calling for me. But she's not there.

"We have all of our men out looking for her. We will find her." Jayden tries to remain composed, but I can see the bags under his eyes.

"It's been two days. TWO! Where the hell is she?" Masons trembling with rage and I know he's not been able to sleep. None of us have.

"What if she's hurt Jayden?" Olly has a distant look in his eyes, his voice quiet.

Luca stiffens at that, his fists clenched at his sides. "If she's hurt I'm going to kill every fucker that lay a finger on her. I swear-"

My stomach drops at the image of her being hurt, the sound of her sobs. No. She's okay, because if she's not then I'll burn down every fucker. No matter friend or foe.

Luca storms off and I hear the engine of his car start. He's been out there hours on end trying to find her. I've only just come back myself. Just before Mattia speaks, Masons phone pings. He stares down at it, then something happens that shocks us all.

His hand flies up to his mouth, his body shaking. His eyes blur and he throws the phone across the kitchen island, his face pale.

I pick it up to see someone had sent him a video. Despite my better judgement, I press play as the others come to my side.

My fingers grip the phone so tight I hear a crack. There on the screen, beautiful eyes scared and lips trembling.

My Liliana.

A knife is pressed against her throat, her face caked in dirt and tears. His fist is wrapped in her hair and she's only wearing her underwear. No, God. Please, no. Not my baby, please.

"Well we'll, once a whore always a whore right? I thought I best show your brothers what you were really like." Daniel goads, his thumb stroking her chin.

She fights against his hold before he forces her to face the camera with a tight grip on her chin. "We've had our fun over the years haven't we? It's a shame it has to happen like this, but you know what they say. All good things must come to an end."

She stares directly into the camera and it's like she's looking right at me. I can't breathe. "I'm sorry," she mumbled. "Tell Lu, Dalton, Mas-" she's cut off by a hard slap across the cheek. When she turn back there's a trickle of blood at the corner of her mouth.

I let a scream of fury, squeezing the phone tighter and a small crack spreads from the top corner. The glass flakes cut tiny slices at my skin but I don't care.

"Ten minutes boys. How fast do you think you are?" Daniel smiles up close to the camera, flashing his blackening teeth. Then there is a click and the screen goes black.

"Ten minutes? What the fuck does that mean?"

Olly shakes his head, "I'd rather not find out."

I glance at each one of them. All eyes are glossy, the tears barely contained, bodies shaking and fighting to contain composure. She needs us to be logical.

Jayden walks over to one of our men who was tapping furiously at his laptop. He nods, turning the screen to face Jayden. "We've got her location. Text Luca, tell him where we're going." He orders and we all sprint towards the cars.

Please be okay my love. Hold on just a little longer I beg of you.

I'm coming.

——
Words: 1276