21. Who?

LUCA POV:

"Who the hell are you?" I question. The stranger shrouded in night is quiet for a moment, before he steps out into the light and my body goes rigid.

His head is shaved, different from the brown curls he'd had before they ran, and he seems to have lost some weight on his face. His brown eyes seemingly sunken in. "You don't remember your old buddy?" He places a caked hand on his mud covered shirt. "I must say, I'm wounded."

My mind instantly goes to Lily. They know we're here. I have to get her out, get her far far away. They're not getting her. Not again.

"How did you find us?" He takes another step forward, aiming to intimidate me but I stand my ground. A look of irritation flashes across his face.

"Daniel sent me to find you. I've been following your trail for months, and I must say you've done quite an impressive job at staying hidden. Almost had me a few times."

"What, Daniel is too busy to find us himself so he had to send one of his lapdogs to fetch us? He's getting senile in his old age, not being able to locate two teens for almost a year." I spit. This is one of Daniels main guards, I remember how he'd follow Daniel around like a lost puppy.

"Watch it boy. He said I had to deliver you both in one piece, but that doesn't mean I can't have my fun with her."

My fists clench, and I grind my teeth to keep myself from tearing him to pieces right here. "You're not going anywhere near her."

A slow smile spreads across his face, revealing an array of black-holed, yellow tinted teeth. "Oh? I hate to break it to you kid, but we found you here. It won't be long until we know exactly where you're staying. And I'll drag the both of you back to him kicking and screaming. Oh, what fun."

Before I can respond, telling him exactly where he can shove it, the front door swings open to reveal an annoyed Dalton. "Where did she go? I want my princess!" He pouted like a drunken child, his body unable to stay still.

I twist my head to the side, but Daniels' lackey is gone. Disappeared into the darkness just as quickly as he came, making me question if I really saw him.

"Where's my princess goneee?" Dalton whines as he frantically looks around. His sadness quickly morphs into terror. "Oh no. What if she's hurt. No, fuck. Shit. Oh man no-"

"Dude, quit it. I need you to borrow your car so I can get home. Lily's there." By now the suns begun to rise again, bringing a new day with promises of new beginnings. Not for us. The past will always block out our sun. We will never be free.

Once we get to the house, I leap from the car and bash open the door, not stopping as I sprint up to our room. I made sure to do multiple loops so I knew nobody had followed us here.

I let out a breath of relief. There she was, fast asleep with her face squished against the pillow. She looked so at peace. Safe.

I looked down to the ground, not being able to face her right now. I'd have to tell her, I knew that, but I wanted to let her have tonight. A night of peace.

Because I knew, as soon as she found out, the nightmares would come back. And things would only get worse.

——-
LILY POV:

"Oh Lu, I had an amazing time! I got to dance with everyone, and I didn't panic. I was-" my eyebrows furrow. I places my small hand on his large shoulder, "Lu, are you alright? What's happened? Oh dear, are you sick? Let me -"

"They've found us Lily."

My hand drops from his shoulder as I feel my face falls. "No," I whisper, shaking my head. He quickly cups my face and I can see the masked fear in his eyes.