17. Past ⚠️

^^ image of Daniel ^^
MAJOR trigger warning for this chapter, if you can't read it, I understand and if you make a comment attached at the end I'll gladly fill you in on the things you need to know :)

Liliana sat on the worn down chair in the warehouse. The cold air wrapped around her like a blanket, seeping into her skin and poisoning her bones.

Lu sat beside her, her eyes dancing around looking for any answers as to why they are here. Their stepfather, Daniel, had dragged them here in the middle of the night. At least she wasn't alone, Liliana thought, at least he isn't going to hurt her. He never hurt her when Lu could see.

The scraping of a steel door drew the twins attention. In walked Daniel, a smug look on his face. " it's finally time to become fully part of this family, dear boy." He doesn't even spare a glance at Liliana and she says in relief. "What do you mean? Daniel, what's going on?" Lu asks. He doesn't like the way the man in the corner is watching his baby sister.

Daniel pulls up his sleeve, using his forefinger to tap the tattoo of a black snake wrapped around his bicep. "See this? I own it." He continues when he sees the confusion on the boys face. "The blood vipers. I own them."

Lu straightens his spine, just now grasping the situation. His first thought is how to stall to think of a plan to get lily out. "A gang? You run a gang?"

Daniel barks out a laugh which echoes in the empty stone room. "I don't run it, boy. I'm their king."

He steps closer, planting a firm hand on Lu's shoulder. "Tonight, you join us." He removes his hand and grabs ahold of Liliana's chin in a punishing grip. "You join too, little bitch. We have many many people excited for you to join."

Liliana's entire body trembles. Visions of what he means float around in her head and she avoids Lu's eyes. He will be disgusted with her. He's going to find out.

"Daniel, let go of her. You're going to hurt her." Lu tries to contain his annoyance. He's never seen Daniel act this rude before. He doesn't like it.

"This is nothing." Daniel mutters. A fake promise that only Liliana understands. "Ray! Fetch Phillip. Tell him we have two new recruits." The man in the corner hurries out, returning with a short plump male carrying a large bag.

Phillip sets it up on the table, pulling out the machine, needle, and ink. He's done this a thousand times before, everything is routine. He uses an alcohol wipe to sanitise the needle and then looks towards the two teens. They're young, he thought to himself. He didn't dare speak out loud, for Daniel was known for his brutality.

"Where do you want it?" Phillips gruff voice reaches Lu's ears and he shakes his head. "This is insane. Daniel, let us go home."

Daniel shakes his head, "choose or I will."

Lu pauses for a moment, contemplating his options. If he complies they will probably let Lily go. "Okay. On my chest, on the left." Lu instructs. Phillip nods and gets to work, a small sting is felt but it doesn't bother him too much. He's used to being tackled by huge men on the football field.

Once done, Phillip wipes away the excess ink and cleans the needle. He makes his way towards the petrified girl and asks the same thing. "Where do you want it?"

Lily shakes head vigorously, too scared to open her mouth and object. Daniel sighs, "choose. Or I will." His lips twitch at the corners and Lily feels her heart about to explode. Lu protests, not happy about his younger sister being dragged into whatever the hell this is.

"Very well." Daniel sighs in false disappointment. He makes his way over to his trembling stepdaughter. He grips her cotton pyjama pants, and forcefully tugs at them. She tries to pull away but it's useless.

"What the fuck! Hey get off of her!" Lu's confusion morphs into anger as he watches Daniel grab his sisters clothes. What the hell is going on? "Stop it!" He commands, but he's just met with a punch to the jaw.

Lily cries out, begging him to stop. Daniel loves it when she begs, he pictures her on her knees like she was just this morning. Lu was fast asleep and Lily was up, doing her early morning cleaning.

Daniel slides his fingers below the fabric of her underwear. "Here. On her hip." His voice is hoarse, the feeling of her soft skin shooting the blood to his lower half.

Phillip, feeling sick to his stomach about the way the boss is touching this poor girl, places the needle on her hip. The buzzing noise is unheard over her screams and her twins furious bellowing.

"Done." Phillip cleans the tattoo, revealing a black snake on her skin, matching to her twin brother and everyone else in the Gang. Lily lies motionless, Daniel still tracing the line of her underwear.

"Now, if you would have behaved then this wouldn't have had to happen tonight. But, you're a little whore, so I know you will enjoy your little present." Daniel chuckles.

Three men enter the room, each one tall with broad shoulders and muscles bursting through their clothes. They stop in a line and Daniel finally removes his hand, only to place them on her sides. He pulls her from the chair, dragging her and pushing her down to her knees in front of the men.

Daniel turns to Lu, who is shaking in rage. "This has been our little secret. Mine and Liliana's, my little slut." He moves a strand of sweat covered hair from her face. "She's so good, all that practice." He coos.

Liliana whimpers, causing Daniel to fist her hair. "I think now it's time for big brother here to know what you like to do. What you get up to when he's not around." She looks at her brother, tears rolling down her face as he looks at her in both confusion and fear. "Lily?"

Daniel tugs her hair, and Lu goes to stand, but two men pin him to his seat. "Watch!" Daniel orders Lu as the three men before her begin grabbing at her clothes. Each place they touch feels like acid burning through flesh.

She's stripped of her clothes, the sound of her big brothers cries and threats turning into a faint buzz in her head. Her screams of pain ring out through the room and Lu's heart shatters. He can't bare to look, but the threat that lily will be killed keeps his eyes on them.

The men bend his baby sister, pushing her on all four as they strip themselves of clothes. Lu's stomach drops, bile burning his throat as it crawls into his mouth. "Stop!" He screams.

The men don't stop. They're aggressive with his little sister. His baby sister as she sobs. "Please stop! I'll do anything, please!" His face is soaked in tears, his shirt covered in the remnants of food from hours earlier.

He keeps begging them to stop. Pleading with them to let Liliana go. But they keep thrusting, keep hitting and cutting. Keep hurting.

Daniel watches the scene, a hand shoved down the front of his jeans and it moves slowly. His eyes fixated on the girl. And Lu finally realises. After all these years, he finally knows what's been happening to his little lily.

—**—
Words: 1259

A/N : I know that some topics covered in this book can be triggering or difficult to read about, so please please please talk to someone if you are struggling. I'm always available to speak to, because I know sometimes it's easier to open up to strangers.

Stay safe, and take care of each other! X