19. Lift

LORENZO POV:

I'm a fucking idiot.

I went to watch her tryout, no harm done right? Wrong. I haven't been able to get the image of the way her body moved, the way that tight skirt showed off her slim legs, out of my head. And then I had to go and fucking touch her.

My fingers still tingled with the phantom sensations of still touching her delicate body. The things I would do...

I push away my tray full of food, the greasy pizza suddenly becoming unappetising. I look to my right, past Masons large shoulder, and see her. Sitting there with a small smile on her rosy lips. I take a moment to analyse her face.

Her round eyes are bright, innocent and pure, like she sees the world for its true beauty that us idiots will never get to see. Her lips are plump, the top slightly indented with her Cupid's bow, and they seem to be a constant ghost of a smile.

She hasn't even looked at me in two days. Two fucking days since I saw her at cheer tryouts. Two days since I've been close to her petite body.

Fuck. Get over it. You've never even had a conversation.

That hasn't stopped you before...

No.

She lets out a melodic giggle that reaches this end of the lunch table and I exhale deeply.

Her face lights up and she puts a hand on the football boys shoulder to pull him down. She places her lips near his ear and whispers something. He pauses a moment, glancing at her twin brother and then Mason before nodding.

She stands up, quietly mumbling about needing the bathroom before leaving. Two minutes later, Dalton also stands, picking up his tray to throw in the trash and throwing a goodbye over his shoulder.

My brows furrow. What's going on? What are they doing? There's no doubt they're together.

I wait a minute, my legs itching for me to get a move on. "Hey Mase, I'm going to physics early. Mrs Raj is on my ass about missed assignments." He nods in response, his mouth filled with the greasy mess that drips down his chin.

Oliver seems in wonderland again, looking over in the distance. He doesn't seem to have noticed any of us leaving the table. He's a peculiar one, that kid.

———-

After checking every room in the building, even walking in on Stacy and Jameson doing doggy in one of the locked rooms, I storm outside and huff out an aggravated breath. Where the hell did they go?

Just as I'm about to turn around, the faint sound of slow music halts me mid-step. It's coming from the old music block, which got put in a lockdown after no students wanted to take an artistic course.

I saunter over, peering through a cracked glass window. I use the sleeve of my sweater to wipe away the smudge of dirt. There, moving together in perfect harmony, I see a short skinny figure glide over to a corner. The taller, more muscular figure, awaits in the centre of the dust filled room.

As the faint music begins to speed up drastically in tempo, the small figure runs towards the other. I momentarily think they're going to slam into each-other, but they don't.

The taller figure plants his hands on the girls hips, lifting her effortlessly into the air and holding her in place.

The angelic giggle finally informs him that this is who he was looking for. Lilian wraps her arms around Daltons torso, giving him a tight squeeze which results in him letting out a laugh.

He bends down, placing an affectionate kiss to the top of her head, and Liliana looks up at him with a smile. "We did it," i hear her whisper. Dalton leans down, putting one hand on her cheek. She leans into his touch. "Yes we did princess. I told you we could do it."

I spin on my heel, a churning feeling in my gut, not wanting to watch the scene anymore.

Why did it bother me so much? I didn't even really know her. I had to get this shit sorted. Now.

————-

LILY POV:

After finding out that Dalton used to do ballet as a child, before he quit two years ago after losing interest in it, I knew I had to dance with him.

He agreed instantly, as soon as he found out I loved to dance. And so, we've spent as much free time as we can trying to perfect a performance I'd seen as a child. It took us two weeks, but we finally perfected the lift. And I couldn't be more overjoyed and proud of us.

"We did it," I whisper, almost totally shocked by the realisation. Dalton leans down, putting one hand on my cheek. I lean into his touch, the warmth from his hands heating up my frozen face. This room was always so cold. "Yes we did princess. I told you we could do it."

I jump up and down excitedly, "we're awesome!" I begin swinging my arms around, doing a victory dance of sorts. He attempts to hide his laughter but fails, halting my movements by pushing my arms back to my sides.

"Don't get me wrong, you're amazing at ballet and kick ass at cheer, but please never ever dance like that again"

I tut, "you're just jealous."

"Jealous?" He raises an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Mhm. You're jealous that this girl has moves to die for, when you're practically stiff as a board. Quite sad really," I pout in false pity. "I could teach you to dance, a hot ass like yours should be able to be wiggled with precision."

I can't hold back my own laughter when I see his mouth drop. I pat his cheek, "come on. Celia invited me to a party tonight and I have to get ready."

I start walking towards the door when his hand on my shoulder stops me. "I'm going with you, right?"

"Of course Dee. You're stuck with me. We promised."

As if it's the most natural thing to do, we interlock out hands, taking turn in kissing the back of the others hand.

"Good, because I would've of followed you around all night anyway."

I roll my eyes, tugging him along behind me. "You're a pain in my ass, you know that?"

"Yeah but I'm hot, and tell you that you've got a cute ass so it's fine."

"Touché Dalton. Touché."

—**—
Words: 1090

A/N : sorry if this was a bit of a boring chapter, it's sort of a filler chapter. Also, I should probably go to sleep, and I bet you should too!