9. You

EARLIER

"Eakins, Amelia S." The team leader called out. They already disembarked from the plane and was checking the personnel and completeness of their luggages.

"Here!" Mia responded as she raises her hand.

After calling out few more names, the leader reported to Aaron. "That's everyone, Sir."

Aaron nodded at the statement and led the way to a private bus that will drive them to the grand hotel.

Everyone is mostly excited about the sceneries as they choose their seats on the bus. The city was adorned with bright lights in contrast with the darkness of the night. It's an awesome landscape to behold. It's kinda like The Big Apple of the States--alive and buzzing even at night time and in addition, it has the silhouette of the big mountains at the background.

Having infected by the joyous atmosphere, Mia is looking forward to a great experience at her new work. She finally radiated a warm smile as her surroundings are filled with laughter.

After several minutes, the ride has arrived at the Mudhish Grand Hotel. The group were in awe of its big structure and beautiful interior design. It's said to be a historical place where the first rulers of the Middle-east Kingdom ratified an agreement of peace and vowed to never physically attack each other's territory.

Mia and her roommate, Leah, the other barista on the shabby coffee shop, has  checked-in to their shared room.

"Whoa! Two bedrooms? Fancy!" Leah uttered happily. "President Vene is a generous boss!"

Mia just laughed at her co-worker's reaction and headed to one of the bedrooms. The room was painted white and with high ceiling making it fresh and big to the eyes. She then organized her things at the open wardrobe and took a warm soothing bath.

After her night routine, she chose a black lingerie, which was lent to her by Madonna. Well, her friend sneak in the attire among her clothes when Madonna helped her one night and told her to think about herself for once.

Mia looked at herself on the mirror and smiled at the reflection. She felt beautiful in it. She picked up the robe and cover herself when someone knocked on the door.

"M! Are you joining us?" Leah's head popped behind the door.

"Joining where?" Mia looked puzzled as she dries her hair with a towel. They have a day tour tomorrow so, they should be resting the night.

"Clubbing!"

"Mind if I take a rain check on that?"

"Again? You said that when we invited you last month." Leah reminded her looking dispirited.

"It's just that I'm not really into it."

Leah sighed at her friend. Nonetheless, it won't stop her in exploring the night life with their new colleagues. "I'll see you tomorrow then!" She grinned excitedly and went on her way.

Mia nodded and continued her own activity. If only her friend knew what her other work is.

Speaking of which, Mia remembered that she needs to write a resignation letter. She's been contemplating about the offer of President Trish and decided to give it a try.

Besides, Thomas has been slowly recovering. She just hope that things will be better for the two of them.

Once her damp hair was dried, she got her old laptop and started to draft the electronic mail.

After sending the letter to the club's management, Mia slowly lie down over the soft bed. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the peace that reigned that night.