13. Mood

A/N: Hi my dear readers. Sorry for late updates. I'm so busy right now. But I happened to squeeze some time for this chapter. Forgive this author.

Love lots!

* * * * *

"W… What did you say?" Duchess Dinah couldn't believe her ears.

"My name is Amelia Shechem Eakins, Ma'am." Mia reiterated. 

"Your grace." Tara whispered as she saw that the duchess began to stumble again with the revelation. "We're going home. Miss Eakins, sorry for the disturbance." 

Mia was puzzled thinking maybe they're looking for someone who has the same name as hers. "It's alright. I hope you'll find whoever she is." She then smiled at the two strangers not caring or asking who they were. It's not her business anyway.

Tara nodded as she guided her master away from the room.

"Who's there, M?" Leah inquired as she approached the entrance.

"Hmm… Someone who's looking for someone." 

"A who, now?"

"Never mind. Let's go?" Mia blurted out as she looked at her friend.

"Nuh uh, honey. You haven't changed."

"But I've already changed." Mia looked at her black shirt and denim pants.

"You're wearing that? It's not even winter." Leah stared at her with her mouth wide open. She dragged Mia inside her room and looked for suitable attire. One by one, she tossed some of the dresses that she has on the bed.

"These are…" Before Mia completed the sentence, her friend shoved a few clothes to her and pushed her lightly inside the bathroom.

After a while, the auburn-haired lady had tried on different apparels. Finally, her friend, Leah, gave her approval to a tight dark red mini dress with thin straps which ended above her knees. 

"Enticing!" Leah said naughtily. 

"I cannot wear this." Mia glanced at the full-sized mirror as her friend took the liberty to color her lips with a dark red stick.

Leah beamed and gave the helpless Mia a leather jacket. She then excitedly tugged her friend and exited the room.

Arriving at the bar, the two ladies met with their colleagues and started the celebration for their last day. Everyone is enjoying the night. 

Mia thought that it's not that bad to involve herself with this kind of gathering occasionally and particularly with her co-workers. She smiled and talked with some of her colleagues. Also, Leah inquired about her wellbeing most of the time.

"M, have a drink." Offered by a male coworker. He handed a punch drink to Mia as they know that she isn't really into alcohol. 

"Thanks." Mia shortly replied and drank the mixed juice. 

"Oh my goodness! It's Mrs. Gates and President Vene!" Someone in their group shouted and was thrilled as they rested on their seats. All of them turned their heads to the second floor and saw the two women along with their husbands. They observed that Natalia's group is not only composed of four.

Mia wasn't able to take a good look at the others as Leah invited her to the dance floor.

-------

"Enjoying the view?" Alexander Gates asked his beautiful wife while caressing her growing stomach. 

"Hmm." Natalia smiled and handed her water drink to Alexander. "Thank you for accompanying me to the launch."

The handsome man stared at the woman with doting eyes in contrast with his aloof presence whenever he dealt with clients and his subordinates.