16. Circumstances

Mia stared at the man's reflection on the glass window. She internally scolded herself on how she naturally reacted with his touch and voice. She breathed out when Neero turned her body to face him. She doesn't know how to navigate the unfamiliar feelings, much more how to say it.

"Amelia..." Neero murmured as his desire for the woman had grown. He lifted the woman's chin to meet her eyes. For the past months, he tried to forget, but a part of him just couldn't. That's why, when he learned that the special woman arrived yesterday, his focus had been tampered ever since.

Mia looked at the man with a conflicted gaze. She needs to deal with the inappropriate feelings and hopes to move forward in life.

Neero could only guess the cause of the woman's troubled expression. But before both of them could utter a word, a ringing sound sprung from the background.

The man clenched his jaws at such great timing but Mia silently urged him to answer it. He grudgingly pulled out the phone from his pocket while still hugging the woman closely.

After dealing with the person on the other line, Neero set aside his phone and gave his full attention to Mia.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Neero closed his eyes in frustration as Mia gently pushed him away to open the door.

A server wheeled in the food cart and he was welcomed by the grateful look of a beautiful woman. The young hotel staff was mesmerized by Mia's appearance but at the same time felt a clouded atmosphere behind the woman. That's when he noticed the second person's dark expression. His eyes widened at the sight of the First Prince which had an unwelcoming vibe. The staff abruptly exited the room and ran for his life.

Mia wasn't able to say thank you and give the poor man a tip. She turned around and placed a hand on her waist while glaring at the handsome man.

Neero ignored her and scanned the food cart while chuckling. He then prepared the dining table as if it was his own suite while the woman observed his actions. After that, he tugged Mia to sit down and started to put food on her plate. With this, he was met with an amused stare.

"Yes?" Neero asked as he sensed the gaze of the alluring woman while he continued serving her.

"Didn't know that in your kingdom, a royalty serves the guests personally." Mia replied, teasing the man to distract her own thoughts.

"Only for special ones." Neero smiled helplessly and sat down opposite her.

Mia didn't expect that kind of response. She averted her gaze and tried to calmly invite him to eat with her.

After several minutes of feasting silently, she stood up to offer another set of drinks.

"Anything else you like?" She asked, standing from the open kitchen while looking at the shelves and refrigerator. The truth is, she needed a boost to confront the man and her own predicament.

Neero quietly followed the woman and trapped her between him and the kitchen countertop. Mia turned around and met his intense stare.

"Say it now." The man said, looking at her green orbs. They're still enchanting as he remembered them to be. He raised his hand to caress her face. His intense look became an awestruck one. Slowly, his face moved towards hers.

Mia was mesmerized by his eyes and his lips. Her hands instinctively rested on Neero's broad chest as she tried to respond to him.

"I... We... shouldn't..." She was cut briefly by another sound.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

'Oh for the love of...'

Neero sighed, trying to hide his annoyance.