48. Next Step

***Warning: Romantic scenes ahead

Mudhish Palace

"We swore to protect the Princess Consort, your majesty." Zinnia responded without batting an eyelash.

"I am your Queen." But Zinnia and the others remained silent. Laura squinted her eyes on the three women.

"You answer to me." The queen reminded them.

"Your majesty, will all due respect, our answer will be the same. Our duty is to protect the Princess Consort. As what the report says, the danger is still lurking. We're just being careful after what has happened to her."

"Even to the highest female in the Kingdom, you will withhold that information?"

"Yes, your majesty. Our loyalty lies with our duties. Forgive us."

Queen Laura sneered at the words and cannot accept their blatant response. Her composure cracked.

"You dare to defy me?"

Silence.

Zinnia never faltered with her blank expression. In their minds, since the First Prince recruited them and found the sisterhood, they will remain loyal to their purpose. The Queen might be their ruler but she isn't their leader.

Laura drank from her tea cup and regained her gentle demeanor. "Very well. I understood. You can go back to your posts." Her fists were clenched as she was saying these. She was sure that the Three Maidens already knew who that Salem girl was. A sour feeling aroused within her concerning how that girl is being protected by her son, the First Prince.

After the meeting, another person set foot in the study.

"Who made my queen perturbed?"

"Oh, darling." Laura embraced her husband.

"Hush now my love."

"I'm just sad about a little defiance." The queen sighed.

"Who dares to disobey you?" King Reuben frowned.

"The… Three Maidens." Laura hesitated and leaned more to her husband's warm chest.

"Those spiteful women. I will deal with them later." The King comforted his wife.

"Thank you, my King." Laura smiled at him.

"Now, I know my reward awaits." Reuben suddenly carried her to the bedroom, marching through the secret passages.

"Of course." Laura laughed sweetly.

-------

Betiko Villa

As the moon reveals itself on the vast expanse up above, a calming silence reigned on a particular room. A sudden sweet voice echoed from the room as the woman realized that her husband was on top of her.

"Amelia." Neero uttered sexily and continued feasting on Mia’s chest. A pair of hands automatically massaged his head as he guzzled on her soft bosoms. Her gentle gesture made him intensify his actions.

Mia couldn't help but arched her back, exposing her chest to meet his mouth. Her husband breathed and feasted over her skin to the point of blacking out. She was so sensitive to his touches now.

"Neero…" She helplessly cried out in delight.

Neero restrained himself and granted her soft kisses which nonetheless made her melt. He didn't forget to put a few marks on her before standing up and marched towards the bathroom.