59. Prepared

"It's funny how from simple things, the best things begin..."

- B. Streisand

Middle-east continent

"Your highness, everything is prepared." Aaron told them as they arrived at the port. Their secret men inside the palace had located the potential whereabouts of Duchess Dinah.

Neero just nodded as he carried his wife down the private plane and entered a secured car.

Mia slowly stirred when the vehicle reached the gates of their villa. "We're here already?"

"Mmm." Neero simply uttered and looked at her sleepy form. He saw the changing expression on her face as if remembering the current dilemma.

"Mother—"

"We have a lead of her location." He stated shortly, not withholding the critical information from his wife.

Mia was relieved to know the good news. She turned to Aaron and contemplated something.

"Can you please have someone fetch my sister from the Salem mansion?" At least she will be at peace when she sees Melinda closer to them.

"Right away, your highness." He slightly bowed his head and didn't hesitate to follow their mistress' instructions.

"Increase the protection around the Salems and Melinda's family, too." Neero firmly ordered as his assistant gave orders to their men.

The three entered the Betiko Villa. Neero persuaded his wife to rest at the master's bedroom, which the latter did. Then, the two men headed straight to the study to discuss their next move.

"Their Majesties planned to have a banquet in memory of his royal highness. This will start after the cremation process." Aaron informed while his boss walked towards his office table and sat down facing him.

"When can we fetch my mother-in-law?"

Fetch? Aaron almost choked. His boss is really confident with his elite guards. Well, the Palace guards are nearly subdued and the First Prince's men replaced them. So, they can simply pick up the duchess from the Palace without a sweat.

"By tomorrow, your highness."

Neero stared at him. "They will use her as a leverage against us. So we need to be ahead of them. Organize the team tonight."

"I understand, your highness."

Mia, on the other hand, has entered the master's bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. Earlier in the plane, she and Melinda consoled one another over the phone. They were still worried about their mother and prayed that she would be fine until such time that Neero's men rescued her. Thinking about her husband's capabilities, a renewed hope rose within her. She stood up and went to the wardrobe to prepare for a bath.

After a refreshing shower, Mia went down to the kitchen and requested their crew to prepare some ingredients. She dismissed the people and personally prepared a light dinner.

After cooking, she went upstairs with a tray of food. The Three Maidens tried to assist her but she waved them off, telling the ladies to eat because she prepared enough dinner for all of them. They knew their mistress wouldn't take no for an answer so, the women hesitantly gave in to her order.

When the men in black suits, who were guarding the study, saw the Princess Consort, they too had the same reaction. Mia shook her head in refusal and signaled them to knock on the door as she made her way to the room.