34. The Summit (1)

A/N: Surprise! Third upload of the week. I just needed to write this to satisfy my what-ifs.

Enjoy!

Lovelots!

* * * * * * *

The mother and daughter didn't take long before ending the conversation.

It seems like yesterday when the two of them secretly met at the commercial airport that was partly owned by Neero.

But in reality, the confrontation happened last week.

-----

The airport was suitable because of the hundreds of people who come and go to the place. It will be difficult for the unknown adversary to link the two of them. It would take time with Neero's protection.

The prince was previously contacted by the duchess and requested for a meeting. Dinah just said that she has something to say and Mia's presence will be necessary.

Duchess Dinah is aware that the prince is acquainted with Mia but didn't know how close the two had become. She also thought that Neero can give them security, that's why she didn't hesitate to reach the prince and be straightforward with her intention.

Neero gave them privacy once they reached his private office at the port. He also provided medical experts who will draw some blood from the two.

Mia was nervous at the result and kept looking at the duchess. This could change the course of her life. Neero stood by her side all throughout.

In her eyes, he is an understanding person for he knows that things could be shaken after knowing the result.

Neero simply supported her and didn't stop things from happening. If Mia is indeed of Salem descent, he hoped for the wedding to move forward. If she isn't, he is still ready to marry her since they're both not of noble blood.

The process of deriving the result was shortened with Neero's connection and request.

After Mia read the document, Dinah also finished her copy. She embraced her long lost daughter and cried her heart out.

Mia was also relieved but couldn't show the same intensity. They were awkward but both parties are willing to take one step at a time.

Dinah told her about the incident two decades ago. Mia still couldn't fully remember but silently shed tears. She tried to search her memory and could only draw fragments of it.

No one bothered the two until they retired to their rooms.

When Mia woke up, Dinah was already preparing for the day. They needed to be cautious from then on.

The daughter agreed and let the duchess leave the place first. She followed Dinah's disappearing back and walked inside Neero's office.

Mia felt sorry for she wasn't attentive with the man who had been quiet the whole process. She gazed at him with a worried look.

Neero understood the meaning behind her expression and crossed the gap between them.

"The wedding will still happen." The man said with determination, holding her in his arms.

"But the new bill." Mia held his gaze.

"My parents are thinking of ways to repeal it. It has several flaws. The public will go against it for many reasons. Don't worry. You will be my wife." Neero answered, not worrying about it. In the end, he will still marry her either way.

Mia was moved by his words.

"Are you proposing to me now?"

"What do you think?"