64. Cannot

"Stop it!" The emcee shouted and approached one of the organizers.

Everybody outside has already heard the words uttered inside the banquet hall. There were big screens installed at the main palace garden, where the guests are currently invited for a firework show. All of them just didn't expect that there was another show happening at that time.

"All those accusations are serious."

"If proven, the monarch couple would pay for their crimes."

"The media are going to be busy."

"What a dangerous family. We need a new set of leaders."

"Silence!" The senior officials reprimanded. They need to save the face of the Crown. They ordered the guards to cut off the power source of the screens but to no avail the men didn't move an inch. These guards are well-trained by Neero's special elite force - Omega.

"What are you doing?! The Palace will be in chaos! Bring down those screens immediately!" The officials shouted. The damage has already been done as the reporters typed away the juicy story. They are now really busy competing with one another on who will published the account first

Meanwhile...

"Brother, don't be fooled by the Salems. They just wanted power. Our parents wouldn't hold it against you if you retract those words." Tamar interrupted, noticing her parents paled at Neero's words. She tried to persuade her beloved.

Neero didn't bother to answer back. Between the families, his true ones are already by his side.

"As the plaintiff filed, the fourth one being the identified accomplice in the kidnapping of the Princess Consort. This is none other than Princess Tamar. Your plea, your highness?" The Chief continued with a poker face.

Tamar became white as a sheet. Impossible. 'Father promised me that this will not be known.'

"You..." She glanced over at Mia with her eyes quivering and slowly replied, "Not guilty."

The silent hall became lively again as muffled sounds arose. Five men were escorted by the royal guards inside the venue.

"These are the men, who apparently received orders from a woman. They are the main witnesses." One of the tribunal staff stated.

"Can you identify the woman who instructed the kidnapping of the Princess Consort?" The Chief asked.

"Yes, your honor."

"Is the woman here?"

The leader looked around the hall. "No, your honor."

The King and Queen were on guard while Tamar was very much relieved.

"Submitting another document that can help the situation, your honor. A facial composite of the woman whom they're talking about. The one who communicated with them."

The tribunal accepted the folder from the staff.

The Chief flicked his fingers and let the person of interest enter the premises. "Is this your maidservant, your highness?" The facial composite was shown at the projector screen while a woman was being escorted near the Tribunal members.

Tamar clenched her fists and went straight to the women. She suddenly slapped her personal attendant. "You wretch! How could you do this to the Princess Consort? Don't you know that you can be punished?"

Tisha, the Princess' attendant, was surprised by the action of her employer.

"I... I am truly sorry, your highnesses." The servant uttered and kneeled down. She accepted her fate as her master already burned the bridge. She's the sacrifice to be slaughtered.