57. Attention

Amaigabea Villa

"Sire, you're still weak. Please rest more." An attendant persuaded Augustine to calm down. The doctor strictly instructed them that their boss needs bed rest to quickly regain his strength.

Augustine couldn't help but be restless. His personal assistant, Luis, was no more because of him. He needs to seek justice for his friend. His family definitely has worries, too. He tried to stand but the attendant reiterated the words of the First Prince.

"Sire, his highness told us to take care of you. He will allow you to go out when the doctor gives his clearance concerning your health."

"Then call the physician and get him to notify my son that I recovered." 

The attendant shook his head. "Sire, we cannot do that. His highness had his men stationed inside and outside of the manor. This is for your fast recuperation and safety. Don't worry about anything. The First Prince already reached out to Luis' family. His team will take care of the funeral. Also, he will visit you later so, you need to be rested by then." 

When Augustine heard that, he sighed and resigned, laying on the bed. He was thinking about many things but he is also assured of his son's capability. He then closed his eyes and let sleep take his consciousness. 

* * * * * * *

The Palace's mood is somewhat unusual. The speculation was already confirmed that Augustine was on the way when his car met with an accident. 

In contrast, the reigning royal family didn't lament the way an immediate relative would grieved, especially the sister. The Queen did her normal routine. Though everybody didn't voice out their opinion, they thought that the relationship between the siblings was not good because of the past.

The media couldn't get any more scoop from the royal family. Only that the burial period was set to five days. This is a long time in Mudhish customs. King Reuben was said to give face to his brother-in-law by doing this. 

The breakfast that day was strangely quiet. No one spoke even the princess. Tamar just gritted her teeth while staring at the young couple in front of her. Judah was subtly smirking at his sister's expression while Neero and Mia were eating harmoniously. 

The meal ended at last. The young couple paid their respects to the royal parents before walking out from the dining hall. Unstopping, they marched towards the Palace gates when the guards blocked their way. 

Neero stood there in alert, pulling his wife behind him protectively. 

The temperature dropped as the uniformed men occupied the pathway. The second-in-command strode forward and tried to persuade the couple to go back inside the royal residence. 

After a while, Neero raised his other hand as if to signal someone. Then the leader of the guards came rushing in.

"I've been patient enough these past few days." The First Prince threw him a cold look.

The leader nodded and signaled for the guards to make way.

"But Sir..." 

The leader glared at his right-hand guy. The person couldn't read the atmosphere. Neero's demeanor right now is like a ticking bomb. From his experience, if the First Prince wants to, he can easily wipe out their team with his trained loyal men. He shuddered at the thought and was relieved that Neero already reached the gates.

"Sir, how about the royal order?" The right hand man inquired.

"Their Majesties knew about the First Prince's ability. This kind of command would not stop him. Our work is not in vain. We confirmed something that his majesty told me."