21. The Other Side

A/N: Happy women's month! I am proud to be one. ^_^ Thank you for all the support. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys.

(Again, this is pure fiction.)

Happy weekends!

Love lots! <3

* * * * * * *

Mudhish Palace

"What happened?" Neero asked as he entered the study. His assistant was reviewing some documents but was more dazed than focused.

"The lawmakers are in the process of finalizing the bill regarding marriages between noble bloods only. Judah informed me that it's possible that the Princess gave the idea to one of the executive members." Aaron filled up Neero.

"Any reaction from the Salems?" Neero furrowed his brows as he sat down on his chair. He naturally poured out wine to one of the glasses on the side table.

"I've got no reports from our men as of the moment. What do you think they will do, your highness?"

"The right question is, are they ready to make known their secret?" Neero said in return. He ordered a thorough investigation of the Salems from way back. He needed to be sure if there's any important matter that the clan withheld from the outsiders. Who would have thought that one of those things is about his fiance.

"Duchess Dinah is really a courageous one. She dared to deceive the royal family. Do they want to attain power by misleading the King?" Aaron commented and opened the file folder containing the detailed information about the Salem family.

"I don't think so. But I know she has a plan. I need to know her purpose. In all fairness, I was the one who chose their clan for the marriage and not the other way around. Unlike the other royal families, who sent many marriage proposals, the Salems didn't submit any and are always a humble family." Neero gazed at his glass, which was now empty. He leaned his back to the big chair and contemplated. 

Aaron nodded as he also tried to analyze things. He sat down across his boss and refilled the empty glass.

"Their family has always worked quietly and efficiently. They do not want any unwanted attention. Duchess Dinah preferred it that way because, maybe, she doesn't like anyone to notice something." Aaron stated and looked at his boss.

"That is true. Have some people to dig more about the Salems. We need to know what really happened two decades ago. Before everything goes south, we need to take precautions." Neero concluded.

"Your highness, if Lady Melinda isn't of noble blood, then the wedding will be canceled." The good-looking and rigid assistant reminded Neero of the possibility.

"I know but, I won't. I need to draw out what other plans the duchess is willing to take until that auspicious day." The First Prince ended the conversation then stood up to have some rest in his private chamber. 

Aaron nodded as Neero reminded him to give an update on anything before leaving the room. Apart from Salem, his boss also instructed to continue observing Duchess Viola's movements. The First Prince is also suspicious about her motives towards Ms. Eakins. After he finished typing on his tablet, he got up and also rested for the day.

As Neero reached his room, he opened his phone and right on cue, someone called him. 

"Speak."

"Your highness, we have landed safely and the young miss went straight to the hospital to visit her brother."

"Alright. Just observe quietly. Update me on a regular basis."