60. Commemoration

Mudhish Palace

"Why are you not in the mourning hall?"

The Palace guards, who escorted Duchess Dinah, had smoothly reached the main wing of the palace and encountered a prince on their way back.

"Answering your highness, we just finished doing rounds at the moment. We will head to the last shift of mourning." The leader calmly replied.

'Rounds? Well, it sounds reasonable. The Palace needs guarding even at times like this. But roving in groups? It seems odd.' Judah thought to himself but didn't persuade the topic anymore.

"Very well. On with your duties." The Fourth Prince waved them off but narrowed his eyes at the reserved men. They gave off a familiar aura. Not in a bad way though. Shaking his head, he saw two silhouettes not far from the hallway.

"Weirdos!"

The two identical princes turned their heads around and glared at the scandalous brother. They resumed walking to the other side of the corridor as if nothing happened.

"Hey, wait up!"

"You're loud. We're supposed to be mourning." Prince Benjie uttered without looking back. He then felt an arm slung over his shoulder.

"Have you seen Elder brother?" Judah asked the twins. He didn't see Neero at the funeral of their Royal Uncle.

"They're not yet here." Prince Gad informed him.

"How did you know? We just came out of the hall. And don't say that you have friends here because you don't." Judah spoke without sensitivity.

Benjie flicked his forehead.

"Ouch."

"We have technology."

"How boastful!"

"Then don't ask silly questions." Gad retorted while looking at his precious tablet.

"Aha, you're tracking our Elder brother? That's so sick!" Another flick came his way.

"Owww! What did I say?" Judah touched his forehead for the second time.

"We don't want to be buried alive." Benjie replied and shushed Judah.

"But you just said that you know they're not here yet via technology."

"Silly. What we meant was that we hacked into the Palace's CCTV system. We have customized the program in our gadgets so that we would know our family's whereabouts within the Palace parameters."

"So, you're into gossip now?"

The twins rolled their eyes and ignored the youngest. But they too were puzzled because Neero hadn't shown himself these past few days. Neero only called them for a special assignment but that was it. Though their brother said that he will be present at the banquet.

* * * * * * *

Betiko Villa

Very early into the morning, a simple black car had entered and parked inside the big garage of the villa. The helpers professionally welcomed the newly arrived guests.

The butler planned to take good care of the graceful duchess as Neero instructed. But he didn't expect to see another personality behind the elegant middle-aged woman. He froze, not uttering a word when Aaron tapped his shoulders.

"Mi..mister Aaron, am I hallucinating?" The butler asked, stuttering and staring at the apparition of the First Prince's royal uncle, who was standing tall and alive.