44. Time's Up

Unknown Place

"A trap? Of course not. I'm risking too much by helping you. I'm with you with no other choice." Julius Bryne responded. He looked over the old building and urged the group to go on.

"Do you even know the way?" Mia asked as she too scanned their surroundings.

Julius nodded with hesitation and the women sighed.

"Your high--- Miss Eakins, did the distress call went through?" Zinnia scolded herself in the process because she almost revealed the real Princess Consort's identity.

"Yes, it did." Mia handed the phone to one of the maidens. The woman glanced over it and suddenly broke the gadget in half.

Mia, "..."

"What the heck!" Julius whispered and cussed, looking at his smashed phone.

"I'm just being cautious. It might have a tracker or something alike. We couldn't risk being found by the enemy." Zinnia explained while dragging the man.

Julius sighed in irritation but still told the group on which route to take. The area is not deserted much in their relief. They were walking in a haste which can be compared with running.

"How sure are you that we're not being followed?" Mia panted as they followed the only man in the group.

"It is an old town with outdated technology. This part of the country has no urban developments yet. Don't worry because they cannot monitor our moves outside that old building." Julius answered as the group were now closing to a main road. They were currently in a forest-like vicinity outside the old building.

"We need a ride." Mia uttered as they ran continuously. She's running out of breath and her legs are starting to get heavy. The sky is getting dark and it seems that the place where they are has no lighting system.

As the group approached the wide road, Mia felt relief. They were briskly walking when suddenly a blinding light emitted out of nowhere.

"Stop right there." A big voice dangerously uttered as three men stepped forward. One can only see a bunch of silhouettes that were slowly approaching.

"Hey, help me!" Julius Bryne shouted, trying to convince the guy in the middle  that he has nothing to do with the attempted escape.

'Coward.' Mia thought and let the man run. Julius went to the other side where the men in black stood.

Zinnia and the others sneered at the useless man. Seems like they need to fight. But before the women could make a move, the leader smacked Julius at the back of the neck.

The surrounding became silent afterwards. The women were speechless, looking at the unconscious man who was being dragged by one of the black clothed guys.

"Miss Eakins." The leader uttered.

"Who... who are you?" Mia inquired.

"We're part of the secret service team of the First Prince. Fortunately, the distress call was redirected to Sir Aaron's phone and notified our headquarters just outside the city. We're the closest one to your location." The big man explained as he handed the phone and a silver card which had no details on it.