1. Found a roof on head

HEYYY STRAWBERRIES AND GRAPES AND APPLES !

(okay that was really weird cuz it's not like I'm gonna eat y'all)

Anyways, if you are here, thankyou thankyou thankyou so much. If you guys have read my earlier books thankyou again, and if you are new, I'm so grateful for you.

First of the first things, this book is completely a NEW STORY.

Nothing in the continuation of the Destined With Him story.

It's NEW.

And I'm really excited for this one. I'm trying my best to make it as entertaining and interesting as possible. But also one thing I wanna clear is, that this book may or may not have some mature scenes. Mature for India I mean.

Like some of the adult content before marriage ? I'd keep it vague and not too detailed obviously and I'm not even sure if I'll keep it or not, but some of it will be there. So please go ahead on your own responsibility, because I'm warning you here. If you guys are uncomfortable to read some scenes, you can skip it, or not read at all, but please don't comment mean stuff when you get there.

Second thing, it's a FORBIDDEN ROMANCE. A SECRET ROMANCE TROPE.

So yeah that's that. I thought of clearing all that there, because, well, I've read so many Indian stories here on wattpad, and saw that many of them aren't too detailed while expression some... ehem sensual scenes ?

Anyways, if you guys are reading ahead. Please Enjoy, and Happy Reading to y'all.

"No uncle. It'd be- it'd be actually great, if this stays between us only" I tell him with a forced smile and he taps my hand. 

I am sitting on the edge of the bed, as he welcomes me in his house. The room is huge, with a big portrait of him and his wife- aunty Rekha- hung on the wall behind the headboard of the bed. The room is also decorated with some other picture frames I have seen plenty of other times I've been here. 

"You're like my daughter. It'll stay whatever way you want it to" he says and I sigh in relief. 

"Thankyou" I smile once again. "What did the doctor say ?" I ask next about his health. Last night he had slight chest pain, and because of his heart condition the doctor asked him to stay in bed for at least the next two days. 

The look of horror on his face was really something. I didn't think any father would be happy staying in bed when there are just 3 months left for his daughter's wedding. His only daughter's wedding I might say.

It filled my heart with an all too known familiar ache. 

"The doctor is crazy. I am just fine. If anyone asks it's simple. You're here for Latika's wedding" Uncle Shekhar tells me now sitting a little up, and taking the bowl of daliya in his hands, as he starts eating.

I nod.

Latika is my friend of literally since when we were probably still in diapers.

Reason ? Both of our parents went to school together. And then my mother and her mother even went to the same college. Our fathers too. And they tell us that there was this small gap in their friendship after school ended. But since their universities were in the same city they ended up being reunited. My father fell in love with, my mother, and Uncle Shekhar fell in love with Aunty Rekha.

Our mothers got pregnant at a gap of 1 year, hence Latika is a year older than me.

Though mumma was able to conceive only after 4 years of marriage. She was trying since after two years of marriage, but she had a condition which led to two miscarriages before my parents were able to have me. That is the only reason I'm an only child. She passed away from Uterus cancer when I was in 11th grade. Aunty Rekha has been a motherly figure for me since then. I don't have any grandparents and both my parents were a single child too.

Latika is although the younger one. She do has an elder brother. I was never really close with him so I don't know much about him.

As much as I remember about him, it's him being scooped up in his room and studying. And winning countless awards at school. Though in 9th grade, he went to a boarding school in Nainital.

After my two initial years of college my dad shifted from Delhi to Kolkata. I stayed in Delhi to complete my Under Graduate program, and then post graduation too. Both masters and bachelors and then my MBA.

I take a deep breath to not let my thoughts carry the sane piece left of my mind there.

"No one's going to suspect why am I here 3 months in advance ?" I ask him and he laughs like it's the funniest thing he has ever heard.

"Of course not bitiya , be thankful Latika didn't force you to be here in 6 months of advance"

I smiled a real smile at that. She'd do that.

It's not like I would want to be anywhere else than beside my best friend.

But the regret was that I am not here for that. I am here, because I don't have a place to stay. I need to pay for my last year of MBA, and that's only what I have now. I can't afford even loans or anything. I definitely can't afford a place to stay.

Not without...

No we are not thinking about that.

After some seconds of me trying to force away all the negative thoughts, the door of the room bursts open and Aunty Rekha, with Latika behind her, walk in.

As soon as she's in the room, Latika swings one arm around my neck squeezing me, with a kiss on my head.

"How are you now papa ?" she asks Uncle and he tells her that he's fine.

"Fine yeah ? Shekhar I don't want to see you standing on your own feet, if it's not for bathroom, for the next two days" Aunty lets him know, more like scolds him.

"But the doctor said-" he starts but Aunty cuts him off with a glare.

Me and Latika snicker silently.

Uncle glares at us, and now we both are full on laughing.

Latika released her hold on me and goes to kiss her father on his cheek.

My heart squeezes painfully at seeing them. Million unforgettable moments, which are now a memory trying to break free and attack me.

Attack me until am collapsed on the bedroom floor, unstoppable tears flowing from my eyes. Until am struggling to breathe.

"Come on both of you girls. Let Shekhar rest. Dinner is ready"

I follow her outside with Latika, after bidding uncle a goodbye.

I arrived here just at 5 this evening. The thing I loved about being here, is that am never treated like I am a guest.

And I am also mortified -only partly- to say that now that am here for at least 3 months Aunty Rekha will make sure, I'm a family member by the point it's time for me to leave.

She already say that I am family.

Dinner is a little awkward with Aunty, me and Latika at the table. We make small talk but I can't help and feel that, I'm intruding. And it's not just a one day thing. I can't help but wonder how they would have talked about, more different, and personal things if I wasn't here.

After dinner I retreat to my designated room with a mug of coffee, and open my laptop to check my mails for any kind of acceptance letters from the internships I had applied for. Nothing. 

I sigh, and open my books, to get some studying done, but my mind drifts back again to feeling like an intruder in this house. Sure, I have stayed here on sleepovers a lot of times. But this is different. I wish things were different. I wish I wasn't in these circumstances. I wish I wasn't on the verge of breaking down and collapsing on the floor, every time thinking about how everything in the past year changed. I wish I didn't have to keep all this hidden inside me. And if I have to, I wish there was something which would help me bury this huge rock of misery in some deep corner of my mind, so that I couldn't find it until I want to. 

Soon sleepiness took over me along with these thoughts, and I collapsed on my desk. 

********************************