14. Found trouble

Hello my lovely cupcakes.

Here's a short update for y'all.

Tomorrow is my practical exam so wish me luck.

Next update maybe tomorrow.

Loads of love. Happy Reding !

I quickly finished scrubbing myself and especially my left ankle and the foot where Kabir had grabbed it yesterday.

Softly. So softly. His fingers-

NO. Just plain and simple no.

This is wrong.

I scrubbed it with more force this time. But the damn tingles just weren't going. I wish I could scrub with this damn soap inside my stomach and chest too because the damn tingles were damn all over there too damn it.

I had actually came back to my senses after we heard Latika's footsteps coming up the stairs yesterday. The way I jumped apart and stood up from that swing was Olympic medal worthy speed not gonna lie.

I was actually gonna go into my room, before she caught me there with Kabir on the balcony, because obviously I was not comfortable with her questioning.

Although certain someone didn't let me leave saying that we aren't doing or hiding anything from Latika.

He didn't get it. Because he wasn't the one Latika would question. I was that person who would have had to answer her.

But one look from him and I was captive there on the balcony thinking he was right, as if though my own brain had stopped working.

Why ? Just because I wanted to be there with him.

He didn't even look at me once after that for fuck's sake.

With the force I was scrubbing my leg I was sure I am going to cut it right off my body.

Anyways, I was right. I always am. I knew Latika would question. She didn't really, but she looked like me and Kabir were willingly sharing a space. I felt like the biggest asshole there because I decided right then that I couldn't tell her I am crushing over her brother.

Her brother.

Isn't that the book trope I always felt like I'd puke over ? The book trope where the girl is in love with her best friend's brother ?

Not that I am in love with him or anything but still

It's still disgusting.

And so not something I can go ahead with.

This is not even a book taking place in USA or Europe. It's India. and here it's just plain disgusting.

Not that he would ever reciprocate my feelings, but I am now deciding that I would do anything to notch this crush over him down. It's just not... okay.

Yeah. It's not okay.

I am staying at their house. The way it would feel like a betrayal to his whole family. To Latika, and to uncle and aunty.

Yeah I know it's just a crush. For now. Because the way he's acting since the last two days, I have a feeling that I'd be catching feelings real soon, and we don't want that to happen here.

Three knocks on the door suddenly snatched me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah ?" I asked my heart beat speeding up.

"When I said you can take as much time as you want, I also meant that there is one more person who needs the bathroom, I thought you'd co-operate with that in a mature manner" his muffled voice came from behind the door, washed over me like a fresh bucket of warm water, loosening up my muscles, and making me go warm all over, but tingling my spine with a fresh wave of excitement.