15. Found Mischief

Hey guys !

Sorry for such a late update. But I have a lot of stuff to do lately. I hope you guys enjoy this one.

Please don't forget to mention in the comments if you like the chapter.

Happy Reading.

XOXO

**************************

The whole house was in a major state of chaos.

As I walked down the stairs and looked around, my eyes not even fully opened yet, the state of the living room and kitchen sure helped in waking me up properly.

And the wedding was still a good 1 and a half month away approximately.

All the sofas and the living room centre table was full of decorated baskets of fruits, and boxes of sweets. One man, which I assume Shekhar uncle hired was noting down something on his notepad as two other middle aged men brought more boxes of sweets inside the house.

If the house has been this much upside down just cuz today's Latika's ring ceremony party. I don't what will actually happen the day she becomes an actual bride.

I heard moment behind me, and turning around came face to face with a baffled Kabir. His didn't show any signs of actual bafflement, but now I've come around to notice the little change in his features. For example, now his face was just as blank except for his slightly raised eyebrows. Which showed that he was just as surprised. Last night when we all were discussing stuff, Shekhar uncle did tell us, that there might be disturbances.

Kabir even went ahead and asked if he would be able to work because of those disturbances, and all of us gave him such a nasty look. He didn't understand until Latika whacked him over the head and told him that he's not working tomorrow as it's a big day for her.

I myself, was so confused as to why so much has to be done. Because as much as I know, Latika was already engaged. Jeet proposed her with a ring. But uncle and aunty were hell bent on throwing a proper party, and another exchange of rings, because of relatives' sake. And both Latika and Jeet were okay, even happy at that, so who was I to question.

Kabir's eyes met mine from where he was standing at the staircase, and his lips turned up from one side in the smallest little smirk.

Oh hell no.

He's been hell bent on making me go crazy over this past week, since that bathroom episode happened. It's like a bulb went over his head, and there was no switch to turn it off. The rude Kabir was much better than this one, because this one was always ready to see my reaction to the smallest of his touches and proximity. Almost like he's playing a game, and I didn't like it one bit. Because no matter how much self scolding and practice my reaction always satisfied him. Because no matter what I can't really help crushing over him now can I ? I think not.

Someone else might not even notice, but I do. I always notice the way his hand barely touches the side of my waist, when he walks past me. Or the way he leans over my shoulder, not touching, but still enough to race my heart. The way he stares at me from his room whenever I'm standing in the balcony. The way he's always outside the bathroom whenever I walk out. Not to mention he's been paying a lot of attention to what, and how much I am eating lately. He says he doesn't want another repeat of me falling sick, but even if I do, he won't be the one taking care of me this time. He wouldn't have too. There is no understandings in the world to the mind of Kabir Verma. Though, good thing for him, I'm eating just fine.

As for right now, I don't like the way Kabir is looking at me, because I know he's up to no good, so I suddenly turn away from him, and make a beeline for Latika's room.