29. Found Uncertainties

Hey Guyssss ! 

I hope y'all are doing good. 

Here's a new chapters, and this is even much longer, so I hope you all like it. 

If you still are sticking to this story, and like it, please please please vote and comment, so that I could keep my motivation in check, and complete it. 

Happy Reading ! 

******************************************************

"Is that it ?" 

"Yeah, this is all the necessary information I'll be needing, and then we can continue from there. Don't worry at all. We have so much evidence, that there's no way this property wouldn't end up yours" Anirudh smiled that professional yet somehow charming smile at me. 

Anirudh was the lawyer friend, Kabir had told me about. From the way he, talked, so smart, it was clear that Anirudh was not a small lawyer either. Maybe even bigger into his carrier than, my ex's father is. And that is saying something. 

"Thankyou so much Anirudh. I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time" I told him, feeling a little embarrassed, that if it was for me, I never could have afforded this chat with him, at least not for a long time, and he was only here because of Kabir. 

"Well it's my job" he shrugged, 

"About the pay-"

"Uh-uh, are you trying to get me killed ?" he asked, joking. Or at least I hoped he was joking. Since, his face was serious. 

He must have seen my confused expression because he smiled. 

"Just messing with you. Or not. But if we talk about money, than Kabir's gonna kill me" 

"He will not" I smiled. "I was just trying to say, that... I'm extremely thankful for Kabir, since because of him, you're here. But I want to do it right, and on my own-"

"Then you can pay me whenever you want. For all it takes, I'll whatsapp you my account details, so you can transfer there, since I don't take cash. Sounds good ?" he asked, eyebrows raised. 

"Uhm... yeah. I guess" 

Then he laughed, leaning back on his seat, as the waiter arrived with our coffees. 

We sat silently for some seconds, before he decided to speak again. 

"You really must mean a lot to him" he let out. I looked at him, but he didn't have any kind of funny expression on his face anymore. Just thoughtful. "Kabir I mean" 

Before I could say something else, Or ask him, he continues. 

"He's only had one girlfriend his whole life. And that wasn't even technically a girlfriend. I mean, he doesn't even make friends, Me, and Jeet, Latika's fiance, are probably the closest and only ones he's got. Which I'm sure you know by know, as it's clear you two are close" he smiled at me as he said that. "So, sorry if I sound intruding, I'm just intrigued that's all. After his last breakup, I didn't think he was ever gonna date again." 

That, had me staring up at him. Confused. Curious. And more curious. 

"You know... Kabir, is a sensitive person. Even more so than you and me. It's like... he never shows it, but he's got this intensity to him. And that's why he's worked so hard to, hide that intensity, by building that hard exterior to himself. The grumpy asshole that he is. I only know that, because I've been here since 9th grade. With him. And I'm sure he'd made it sound like I'm only an acquaintance. By now, he's so good at hiding it from people. The inner, warm side of him."