24. Found love

"Hi you"

"What are you doing here ?" I asked wide-eyed.

My ex boyfriend raised his eyebrows, the corners of his mouth turning up, amusement shining in his eyes at my drunk state. Like he's thinking I would never ask that question if I was sober. And maybe he's right. I wouldn't obviously. It's a club and it's Friday night for fuck sake. But my absurd reaction wasn't because of alcohol. It was because I wasn't really ready to face him yet.

Because he was being really weird. Sending me things that remind him of the time when we were together. I could have agreed to be friends with him, but not when he's literally throwing hints at my face for us to get together. So, I've been ignoring him. And now I can't really do that.

His eyes sweep over my body, from my head to toe, and then back up again.

The way he looked at me never made me feel confident in my body. I always waited for a snark, or a an insulted remark in a joking manner. Even when he thought I looked good, he would never compliment me. He just said he's not a compliment type of guy.

He never made me feel the way Kabir did.

Kabir.

I was about to turn my head and look for him, but Raghav's voice stopped me.

"You look different" he said, which was almost what I'd ever get from him in the form of a compliment.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Well it was nice seeing you Raghav" I tried to smile but I was sure it came off as a grimace.

He stared at me intently for some seconds.

"Who are you here with ?" he asked. And I could've told him if he would have asked in a friendly manner. But he asked like he was interrogating. Like he was my father and I, as a teenager, was caught taking drugs.

Before I could retort, I felt a hand on my arm, and turned my head meeting Kabir's eyes.

"I thought you were going to find Latika" he asked leaning close to my ear, so that only I could hear him, no attention spared for Raghav.

"I was. I am" I nodded, and then turned towards Raghav. "Well...." This time I did smile at him.

"You're here with a guy ?" he raised his eyebrows as I tried to walk past him.

I stopped taking in a deep breath. I spared a look for Kabir, and he was frowning down at Raghav, but didn't say a thing. He then looked at me, and then once again at Raghav. And I got it. He wouldn't say anything. Because it's not his place to say anything. Raghav is my ex boyfriend, and Kabir wouldn't butt in, until he feels like Raghav is obviously mis-behaving, because he might not know how I know Raghav, but he obviously can sense that I've got history with him, and he's gonna let me deal with my personal matters. But he wouldn't leave me alone as well. He'd be here standing as a support, if something goes wrong. And if I was allowed to, I could fall in love with him, right at this moment, for this. For having a healthy sense of personal boundaries, and being so supportive.

I turn towards Raghav once again.

"I don't know why that is any of your concern Raghav" I tell him this time making sure I was scowling right at his face.

He looks at me his face changing from neutral to being angry in nano seconds.

"So what ? You're back at dating again ?"

"I'm not gonna explain myself to you. I'm done here" I walk past him, breathing hard now angry myself.

I reach the bar, and down a shot kept there, letting my throat burn. Then the next one. And then the next one.