21. Found Safe Place.

Hey cuties. One more chapters <333

It's a little shorter than the usual ones, but I still hope you guys would like it. hehe.

If you enjoy it, don't forget to comment and vote. Thankyou for reading.

*********************************************

Pouring the coffee into the cup, I exit the kitchen walking up the stairs, with a smile plastered on my lips.

God, I keep smiling literally all the time now.

I stop in front of Kabir's room and see him rubbing his eyes with a yawn. I smile even more wide at that, knocking at his door. He looks up, and gives me a small smile in return. I walk inside the room with the coffee cup, and feel his eyes not leaving my face for even a moment.

Placing the coffee cup on his desk I finally look at him. He eyes the cup and raises his eyebrows.

"It's for you" I tell him, and he blinks like he's almost startled.

"But I-"

"I know how you take your coffee Kabir. It's not that hard to make. Since it contains no milk and no sugar" I give him a sarcastic smile but he still looks like he couldn't believe I brought him coffee. If anything he looks even more surprised that I know how he likes it.

When he still doesn't say anything and keeps his eyes fixed on the cup I clear my throat. "Okay well.. I'll leave you to it-"

Before I could even turn around he stops me by pulling the front of my T shirt and brings my mouth down to his, and kisses me.

A million crackers burst into my chest, as I smile into the kiss. I pull away as he nuzzles his nose with mine. "Thankyou" he murmurs.

"You can keep your Thankyou(S) and I'd like to trade them with these kisses" I whisper playfully and he presses his lips softly, once again on mine.

"Satisfied now ?" he asks

"Hmm..." I hum our lips touching and then peck his lips one more time, feeling him exhaling a breath. "Now"

"If you aren't aware, you're distracting me from work"

"Oh" I straighten up and look at his laptop. "I'm sorry"

But he pulls me down once again kissing my cheek. "Hush. It's a needed distraction. I love it"

I gulp at his words. I'm not an insecure person in general, but it's hard not to overthink certain things in life. And this thing with Kabir is one of those. We both know what we agreed to, and yet, there is this hope for more, which I myself like to crash from time to time. I don't know why I let that hope build if I have to go ahead and break it myself. But it's important to ground oneself isn't it ? So it's important to remind oneself of the reality. And the reality is that I am a mere distraction. A try out. And that is what we agreed on to.

"So that's what I am now ? A distraction ?" I raise my eyebrows at him with a straight face, trying to come off as playful, but I don't think I'm a good actor, and his eyebrows frown as he looks down.

"No-"

"Chill. Just Kidding. I know what we agreed to. It's fine. Continue your work" I try to smile at him and walk out of his room, towards mine.

I release a breath, as I lock my door. Just as when I'm about to open my laptop, I hear knocks on my door.

Confused, I walk towards the door, and open it, my eyes going wide at seeing Kabir standing there.

"Kabir-"

He walks inside the room, and stands closer to me, his face looking conflicted. Yes, he's such a hard person to read, but right at this moment, it's like he's wearing all his conflicts on his face for me to see.