2. Found best friend's brother in bathroom

My alarm buzzed beside my head, on the bedside stool, and I squinted my eyes open to, shut it down.

I kept laying down for some minutes, almost drifting back to sleep once again, but then forced myself to wake up. Here, I actually needed to be punctual and disciplined at a lot of things. Not that anyone demanded it from me, but I felt like it was common courtesy and etiquettes if you were at someone else's house, no matter how close you were with them. 

I checked the time once again, and it was 6:54 am. My alarm was set for 6:45 am actually, granted I needed to provide myself with 10 minutes least, before I was ready to leave my bed. 

Yawning, I stood up and folded the sheet, after pulling my hair up in a bun. I switched off the fan, and walked out of the room, towards the bathroom, at the end of the hallway.

My neck was still hurting because of all the hours I slept so peacefully on the desk last night. When I had woken up it was 3 am. And at that moment I almost wished I wouldn't have had to wake up before morning, so that in the morning, I could go see a doctor directly to fix my dismantled neck.

Still yawning and rubbing one side of my neck, I reached the door of the bathroom, my eyes still half closed. My calf was itching so badly, and as I opened the door of the bathroom, I bent down to scratch the back of my knee.

Although as soon as I heard the creak of the door opening and I looked inside, my eyes came in direct contact with someone's bare torso. Very.... muscle-y torso I might add. I let my eyes travel up further, and now they were staring at someone standing in the bathroom, with a brush in his mouth, looking at me with two raised eyebrows.

My posture was still half bent with my hand on my calf, but the itch was long forgotten. Maybe the cells of my skin also died from the shock which I was experiencing right now, coming face to face with an unknown person like this. An unknown person with too many muscles and bones and....

Said unknown man raised his left eyebrow even further, if that was possible. When I still didn't speak anything, he spit the toothpaste in the sink and started washing his mouth.

After some seconds, with God's and whatever superior power existed in this world's grace, I came back to my senses, and stood up straighter. The stranger, who I noticed was half naked-was he flaunting his abs and biceps?- and was only wearing jeans, was now wiping his face with a towel.

I need to do something. A voice shouted at me, which I figured was coming from deep inside me only. 

Yes, I really needed to do something. 

I shut the door with a bang and ran down the stairs my heart beating wildly.

Too wildly. I could hear the thump thump thump in my ears. I kept one hand on my chest, rubbing it, worrying I might get cardiac arrest. The last thing I needed was Aunty Rekha to call Uncle Shekhar's doctor to check up on me, knowing that he wouldn't be giving me just a two days rest.

I skipped down the stairs carefully, worrying that if I am forcing Aunty to call a heart doctor, that should be it. Not someone to fix my broken bones too if I were to fall down.

I thought of finding anyone I could, and then I saw Latika sitting with her laptop on the dining table sipping on her tea.

As soon as she saw me, she stood up.

"What happened?" she asked looking frightened.

Dang, I must have been looking really bad right now. I wish I had the heart to tell her this is my just-woke-up self.

But in this moment we've got important and more dangerous things to focus on. Like an unknown man walking around in this house like he'd been here a memorable amount of times.