[1]"Goddamn it Y/N not again !!"

'I can do it', you thought to yourself staring down from the roof of the house onto the separate garage below. 'It's only 25 feet 30 at most, I've jumped 20 before it can't be that different. Both my dads have thrown themselves from planes hundreds of feet in the air and I'm the same as them'.

You wipe the sweat off your hands and shake your arms trying to pump the adrenaline around your body. One last look over the edge puts a grin on your face. People are always saying "ooh you need to stop getting yourself into trouble, find a new way to release all that energy". But you can't help it, normal hobbies don't itch that tiny spot in the front of your brain. The one that can only be reached through the adrenaline rush of doing something extreme. I suppose that's just the result of having two super soldiers as parents, its literally in your DNA.

Stepping back from the edge, you can no longer see your destination, this one needs a run up. 'Ok, ok just run, jump then roll as soon as i hit the garage roof'. You breath in and hold the icy air in your lungs, revelling in the feeling before slowly exhaling pushing it past your lips. The itch in your head brings you back as you take the first step towards the gap, slowly getting faster, your feet pound the tiles. Step 1: run.

The edge of the roof gets closer and closer before you leap. For a split second, as you hover in the air, the butterflies explode in your stomach, giving your brain the release it was seeking. Step 2: jump.

As you prepare to land you enjoy the feeling of falling and the way the wind rushes around you blocking out all other noises trying to get to you. With your legs positioned under, lining up perfectly with the lower roof you brace. And crash straight through the ceiling. Snapping the roof beams and smacking your face on your workshop bench.

Step 3: hit the garage roof? I suppose there was a roll in there somewhere so all things considered I technically reached all of my criteria.

"SH*T! Y/N!!!! BUCK GET IN HERE!".
"Hey cap", you greet him as he crashes through the door, throwing the large round shield to the side and skidding beside you.
"Y/n can you hear me just keep your eyes open ok, its going to be ok". You hear the fear in his voice, the way it trembled when he spoke, he's still panicking. "JAMES!". You don't see what the problem is until you feel something warm work its way past your eyebrow blurring the vision. Ok, now your starting to feel scared, "dad", you quietly whimper.

"It's ok y/n I've got you, don't worry". It makes you feel slightly better but slowly losing vision from the amount of blood running down your face isn't helping. He must notice because his hand stretches over your forehead keeping it out your eyes and hopefully in your body, you kinda need that.

"Goddamn it y/n not again !!", Bucky rushes in, "I thought we told you! If its more than 10ft you need permission! We cant have our daughter killing herself!"
"I know dad I guess i just miscalculated the height between the two roofs. But i just want to point out I told you the beams were rotting and you didn't believe me".

"Please y/n your in high school already you know how high our house is, especially since the last time you jumped off it! And no more of the attitude you've been spending too much time with Tony".
You pout, and as your about to win this argument it feels like you've been punched behind your eyes. Accidentally letting out a shriek you groan and try looking around. Everything is covered in black and white blotches, you cant tell if everything is getting darker or brighter but it hurts so you scrunch your eyes shut putting your head into Steve's chest. You feel his sudden inhale, which from past experiences, you know, means he's panicking more. He always stresses more than Bucky or you, it helps keep things running smooth in your house though. Without him you probably wouldn't have made it past your fifth birthday.

"Y/n? Y/n what's wrong!? Buck get the car we need to see Bruce!"
Still with his hand on your head he puts the other under your back and lifts you into him, sprinting out the door. Buck ready in the drivers seat with the back door open. It's starting to get embarrassing how well they've figured this system out, i guess practice really does make perfect.

Steve holds you across his lap still holding your head speaking but your feeling tired so its hard to hear what he's saying. You manage to make out the words, "drive faster", before deciding to close your eyes again. You need a nap anyway its been a long morning already. "Y/n no no don't sleep you cant sleep yet not until we've seen Bruce. Y/n!".

Before nodding off you think, 'what a dramatic 12th birthday. Ironically very similar to last year'.

*it would be great if you could vote if you like it or leave a comment if you think there's something i need to improve on so i know what you think* :)