[35]"I dont know what's wrong"

A while later during the afternoon you decide to go outside for a bit and walk around the compound. You walk until you border the trees and just do laps around the building, stopping occasionally to look at a cool bug. It was bright out but the sun didn't feel hot and the strong breeze made it seem slightly cold. You liked the way the wind blocked out all the other noises, it made everything seem less busy.

Bucky, Tony and Steve still sat in the main room watching you out the window. Occasionally when you went that side of the building they could see you, hitting the leaves on the trees and flinging a stick around as you walked.
"She hasn't said anything today" Bucky groaned as he watched you swing the stick at a hedge.
"I don't know what's wrong" said Steve, "she isn't having nightmares anymore, she's recovered from the accident, she's got extra help at school" he wiped his hands over his face.

"Is it really that bad?" Asked Tony, "I mean there's clearly something wrong but do you think its serious?"
"I don't know" answered Bucky. "Maybe.... It's just unusual for her to act like this for this long. I mean it's literally only been a week since the accident but she's getting more distant, eating less and sleeping a lot more. It should be getting better now. And it doesn't help she won't talk to us".
Steve looked to Tony, "where's Wanda? Can we ask her to read her mind for us?"
Tony made a face, "she's not here. Her Sam and Nat are on a mission, won't be back for a week maybe"
"Urgghggg" Bucky sounded exasperated. "We're just going to have to wait and keep trying to get her to talk".

For the rest of the day Tony worked in his lab changing his suit around so it could get to him faster whilst making sure it didn't break anything on its way. Bruce did whatever Bruce normally does by himself having the time of his life. Bucky trained in the gym spending most of his time hitting the bag over and over. And Steve sat at a table finishing a ton of paperwork he'd been meaning to get to. At some point everyone found their way to the kitchen area wanting food, but no one wanted to cook and ordering would take too long so they settled on cheese on toast. "Where's y/n" asked Bruce, and everyone shrugged their shoulders. "I think she came inside like an hour or two ago" said Bucky as Steve stood up to go find you.

He walked into your room to see you asleep in a nice clean pair of pyjamas. Walking over to put a blanket on you he noticed a round item on the floor. He picked it up and turned it around to reveal your shield you'd been talking about last night. It was just like his but smaller and half had been rubbed off and repainted to look more like the star on bucks metal arm. It was half of both of them. Smiling, he walked back to the kitchen with it, "y/ns asleep, look what was on her floor" he held it up, "she must have gone and got it after our talk".

Bucky jumped up to hold it, "it's still as cool as I remember it, she must have looked for it in the storage room when she came back inside" he chuckled.
"What!" Tony shouted, finally joining the conversation. "The storage room is locked she couldn't have got in, it must have been somewhere else".
"It's unlikely" said Bucky, "we were talking about it yesterday. We haven't seen it for years the only place it could have been was the house attic or the storage room"

"FRIDAY?" Tony spoke
"Yes sir?"
"How did y/n get into the storage room today?"
"Well, First she tried breaking in through the code box but couldn't get it off the wall. So she moved a roof tile in the hallway and unscrewed the air vent before climbing in and taking her straight to the storage room".
Tony sighed, "and why didn't you stop her?"

"She lives here sir"
Steve was fiddling with the shield trying not to make eye contact with Tony and Bucky looked quite proud whilst trying to hold in his laugh. They watched as Tony flung his arms in the air and walked out, "I expect I'm going to have to put the vent back together"
"That is correct sir"
"Shut up FRIDAY!!!"

They couldn't hold in their laughs anymore as they burst out, faces red as they gasped. The shield was placed slightly behind the sofa so no one would trip over it and they went to hide in their room so an angry Tony wouldn't shout at them both.