[21]"goodnight guys"

He finished reading and silently turned to you watching your face thinking and digesting the poem.

"Is that what you ever think?" You ask.

"What do you mean sweetheart?"

"Well at the start he's thinking about the seasons he'll never get to see, and what the future will hold because people grow old. And then he talks about the people he's met in his life and how others around him will get to see further into the future than he did. Then he's thinking about returning feet or the people he's lost that he wishes he could see again.

Did you used to think about the future? And what greens you'd never get to see. And now do you think about the past and for those returning feet?
You get to be all three sides of this poem, past, present, and future".

At some point he turned away from you and looked up to the ceiling with tears threatening to spill out, yet his heart filled with adoration for his daughter. "I've not thought about it like that before. But yes I suppose so. I've had two futures to think about. I thought the first one would end up with me marrying some woman after the war, having children and working all day every day. They weren't all so kind back then. And now, I get to imagine myself growing old with dad and watching you grow and impact the world. And I will always miss the people I once knew, but I'm happy with the future I got".

Now it was you with tears in your eyes. Your dad had lived half a life before he was forced into another as a different person during his winter soldier days. And now he got another chance, you really hoped this one would be the one he deserved.

"I love you dad"

"I love you more sweetheart"

You leant over and put your head on his far shoulder so most of your body was over his. He reacted by wrapping his arms around you and leaning his head against yours.
Steve walked in an hour later to see you both fast asleep in the same position. Gently, he pulled the duvet up so you both were covered and climbed in next to Bucky. The sleeping man instinctively moved one arm out so Steve could snuggle in to.

The next day turned out to be mind numbingly boring as everyone was busy setting up for the party that evening. That meant you or Peter couldn't go walking around the compound or you would get told off for making a mess. Just when you thought you would die of boredom, Thor walked in.
"Thor!" You yelled and jumped on him.

"The small Spider-Man. Miss Y/n! What are you doing sat in the hall?"

"We're not allowed to do anything fun because we'll make a mess and everyone's getting ready for later". You pouted.

"Oh! Well I suppose we will have to find something fun to do!" He declared, walking back outside with you both still clinging on.

He put his hammer on the floor in the gravel by the front door and sat down. "Good luck", he stated simply.

Peter looked at you before walking over and gently tried to lift it. When it didn't budge he pulled as hard as possible and still nothing happened. You watched for a long time as he jumped to see if it would make a difference, try using his webs for extra power and even tried pretending to be Thor. "I am Thor son of Odin!" He declared, but the hammer didn't fall for it.

"Come on then y/n if you think it's so funny why don't you try".

"Um no thanks I don't want to rule Asgard or anything".

"Lady Y/n" Thor boomed, "I promise you, if you lift my hammer you will not be responsible for Asgard".

Eventually rolling your eyes you walked towards it. Thor watched from the steps as you walked over and knelt down to grasp the handle. You paused for a moment and tugged at it, it didn't appear to move. "Hah y/n it's so heavy right?!" Pete asked. You nodded and laughed in response, going to sit back down.Thor laughed along with you but swore he could've seen the corner lift ever so slightly. He must have been imagining it, the gravity on earth sometimes messed with his senses.