[2]"Who the HELL got blood on my new carpet?!?!"

Your fully unconscious by the time the car skids to a halt outside the compound. Steve and Bucky ditch the car and run inside, still with you in his arms, Steve manages to jump up the stairs three at a time.

I guess they're not thinking straight the lift probably would have taken the same amount of time, oh well. They burst into the avengers living room disrupting their film. "Where's Bruce, Nat?!?!".

"Um, he's in the med room I think. Is she ok?".
They both ignore her and carry on down the corridor. Everyone watches silently from the sofa as you disappear around the corner limp in Steve's arms, a trail of blood following.

No one wanted to be the first to speak until Sam pipes up and breaks the tension. "Again! This kid needs a suit of bubble wrap, i thought she was meant to be smart! I wonder what it was this time, homemade rocket boots gone wrong? jumping off another cliff into the ocean? Or what was it last time? Homemade taser?! Hey Tony, guess what just happened!"

"Who the HELL got blood on my new carpet?!?!".

"Oop, never mind...."

In the med room Steve and Bucky run in and see bruce. "Bruce! Please help its y/n".
He slowly turns around, "oh yea, did she finally start with the knife juggling she was talking about. OH my god! Ok um put her on the table! Y/n can you hear me? How long ago did this happen, has she been unconscious the entire time?"

"it happened about 20 minutes ago i heard a crash, ran in and saw the entire roof had gone I think she jumped".

Bucky spoke up this time, "I think she's been unconscious for about 10 minutes, she was awake until we got in the car. Is she ok?".

Without answering Bruce checked your heart rate before moving onto your head. The blood had already started to coagulate and stick together yet the wound was still bleeding. Steve was sitting sheepishly perched on the edge of the chair. His face pale as he stared over you with his eyes wide and unblinking. Buck was standing next to him leaning with his head against the wall, deathly silent. He couldn't watch as Bruce cleaned your wound to see the damage.

Immediately you could see the giant gash right above your right eyebrow dangerously close to your eye. Something gave bruce a worried look as he grabbed his X-ray machine.

"What is it bruce, what's going on?".

Still nothing was said whilst the pictures of your skull slowly started to form on the screen. As they appeared bruce put his hand to his head.

"Ok that's it!" Bucky burst out whilst spinning around to face him. "What is it! What's wrong!".

Slightly shocked, bruce stammered and fell over his words. "i-i-it's not the cut we need to worry about, um i-its this", he says pointing to a section on the screen. It looked as if the bones over your eye had been smashed. Small shards could be seen pointing in different directions and some appeared to even be separated from the rest.

"I'm going to prep for surgery this needs to be fixed before the fragments move any more, I just hope none have gone into her eye already". And with that he ran off into the next room leaving your dads to sit silently watching over you, trying to digest all this information. The only noise coming from the slight rattle of the air conditioning unit above.

Still in their trance, bruce ran back in with three others who must have been doctors and clicked off the breaks on the bed your laying on before pulling you out the room.

Steve stands up abruptly. "It's ok y/n, you're going to be fine we love you!". As he said the last three words the doors slammed shut separating you from your family and once again setting the room into silence.

"I shouted at her"

"What buck?".

"I shouted at her! When i ran into the garage i shouted at her!" He started quiet but the volume slowly got louder. "I yelled at her when she was on the ground steve!" Bucky could feel the lump in his throat getting tighter as the first tears began to sting past his eyelids and down his cheeks.

"It's ok buck" Steve said soothingly trying to calm down the now hysterical man. "You didn't know, she was still talking at that point I thought she was fine to. Just calm down, normally I'm the one in a state".

Bucky's whole body was shaking as he swayed with his head held in his hands. Steve walked up and embraced him putting his arms around his body and holding him tight making sure he didn't fall.

Buck buried his head into Steve's shoulder still crying. leaning his cheek on his head with his lips by his ear Steve pushed small bursts of air past his teeth " shh, shh, shh, it's ok". This normally helped with his panic attacks, even if he rarely had them anymore, so Steve was hoping it would help now.

Tony followed the trail of blood to Steve wrapped around a crying Bucky. "What the hell happened to my carpet, why is Bucky crying?".

"Y/n jumped off the roof this morning but she fell through the garage ceiling and hit her head. She's in surgery now, Bruce is worried she'll lose her eye" at this Bucky shuddered under Steve.

An awkward look mixed with worry fell across Tony's face. "W-Well I did say the beams were rotting....."

"Thanks Stark I feel like I've already heard that said today". Steve tried to make light of the situation but couldn't when he remembered you laying on the hospital bed.

"Come on Capsicle lets go wait in the living room with the others". Tony and steve walked slowly back the way they came five minutes earlier, half dragging Bucky with them.

They entered to lots of worried faces. "Um where's y/n?" Nat asked first.

Steve walked over to the sofa dropping Bucky down and sliding under his head so he could sit and stroke his brown hair. "She's in surgery, she hit her head really bad".

A concerned sam looks over at Bucky, "she hasn't been this hurt since that three day coma from that electrics experiment, is she going to be ok cap?".

"I don't know Sam we're just waiting on bruce".

And again, far too many times today, no one said anything. Nat sam and Tony stared at the blank tv fidgeting, their eyes straight down, unsure if they should look around.

Steve just watched a sleeping Bucky, staring at the rise and fall of his chest. He must have passed out from all the stress, it's best he sleeps until there's any news or he might start to panic again. He distracted himself by running his hands through Bucky's hair, making small swirls with his fingers.

They sat like that for hours until bruce finally walked back in again still in his scrubs. Steve must have shifted because Bucky sat straight up and grabbed his hand.

"She's going to be ok. Her right eye managed to avoid any damage and we've collected all loose shards of bone. I don't know her recovery time being a super soldier but she will need at least a couple of days of rest. There are no obvious signs of brain damage but we wont know the full affect until she wakes up. And um there's something else you should know..."