[51]"I'm so glad she's stubborn"

Everyone stood up and waited. "She's alive. But we won't know the extent of any neurological damage until she wakes up".
You were alive and that was good, but there was still so much worry.
"Do you remember that plate she got on her birthday that she refused to let me take out? The vibranium one? We'll it stopped the bullet from going through her brain. It saved her life".

Everyone was shocked, "god, I'm so glad she's stubborn", Tony breathed out.

"How do we know this won't happen again", Bucky croaked out, speaking for the first time.
"The trigger words? Well I thought it was weird that they worked when she wasn't gone long enough for them to put them in her head. So I started looking and I found a tiny chip Inserted into the back of her brain. I've removed It and they won't work again. She will never been controlled by Hydra again".

Bucky fell to the floor crying with relief.  Wanda stroked his back and comforted him until he was calm again.

"So that was why they took her and brought her back?" Said Peter. "So they could put that thing in her brain then make her hurt Wanda and Bucky?"
Bruce nodded, "that's what it looks like yes. But it didn't work, she won't ever be controlled again". He said a second time, just to get the point across.

"Ok, so what happened after you went in to surgery?" Sam asked.

"The vibranium stopped the bullet but it still sent a shock through her, which is why her heart stopped. We managed to re start it and then remove the metal plate. I had to spend a lot of time reconstructing the area above her eye. After jumping off the roof on her birthday and now this it took some time. I had to put a new plate in and she's going to have quite a bit of scarring in that area, but other than that she's physically fine".

Everyone nodded and just wanted to see you. Steve and Bucky went first, crying again as soon as they saw you. "I was so worried", said Steve, speaking for the first time in ten hours.
"Me to", agreed Bucky.
They looked at you until they finally processed you were still there and invited everyone in.

An assortment of chairs had been collected from around the floor and everyone squeezed themselves into the room.

"So whilst we're all here, we should probably catch you up on everything that's been happening because everyone knows bits", Said Tony.

"Me and Bruce have been working for the last week so we're just going to start from the beginning. Charlotte you're part of this family so you can hear it to. Bruce do you want to start?"

He nodded and started speaking, "so the night y/n went missing, the security had been hacked as some of you know. And we got it back but we could never work out how they did it. They seemed to outsmart me and Tony and we were worried they would come back.
Then y/n suddenly appeared again and we had no idea why. She couldn't remember anything and we had no theories on why she was back.
I know some of you were worried about that but never asked. We didn't say anything because we didn't know". He took a breath and carried on.

"And then y/n started getting bad nightmares that she couldn't wake up from and we were really worried. Then the cut on her hand got really bad and we weren't sure if we could save it, it was getting worse by the hour. Eventually we had to make the decision to remove it. And what none of you know is that I got the results to her blood test an hour after the operation. They said the infection had almost spread from the original site meaning if we had waited any longer she wouldn't be here". Everyone stayed silent as they listened. The kids knew about your arm but not about anything else and the three that were away just knew about the kidnapping, so everyone was shocked.