cinema trip - 9 years old

Word count: 1,100 words

————————

Although the compound has excellent spaces for watching films, its always nice to go out to an actual cinema for a change. And so, after weeks of waiting, everyone was free on the same evening.

You sat in the living room, bored out of your mind when Tony walked in and told everyone to get dressed. He refused to tell anyone where you were going but assured you it would be fun.

Piling into cars, you watched as you passed each street. Peter and you trying to guess where you were going the entire time.

"I think we're going bowling", whispered Peter.

"We would have turned left three turns ago if we were going bowling".

"Not if he's trying to trick us".

You realised that was definitely possible and there was no way to guess, so you sat back and talked to Peter about his Lego set he was currently building.

"I think we're here", Steve called from the front.

Looking out the window, you saw the giant cinema, with dramatic red paint over the front and huge posters of new films".

"Yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!" You and Peter shouted, trying to jump out of the child locked car.

Bucky finally came around and opened it causing you both to nearly spill out in excitement.

"Careful", he held out his hand for you to grasp as you jumped out and then offered it to Peter straight after.

And Steve, being the worrisome parent he is, held your hand until you made it to the entrance and the doors opened.

"I love the cinema!" Shouted Peter as he ran in to look at all the sweets.

Tony stood at the front of the group and pointed to the posters.

"We can either watch scream, love actually or toy story 3".

"Well we can't watch scream", Sam pointed out. "The kids might get scared", he said quietly.

"Haha, Sams too scared to watch the film!" One of them shouted, making the rest chuckle.

"I also don't want to watch scream", Clint said, slightly raising his hand.

"Okay, so love actually or toy story".

In a surprising turn of events, everyone opted for toy story.

"Hey, whatever snacks you want, it's all on me", said Tony as he walked away to speak to someone.

You and Peter ran over to the pick and mix, getting a paper bag each and licking your lips at all the wonderful options.

"They have gummy snakes Pete! Here", you said as you dropped some into his waiting bag before doing your own.

"Want a gummy bear?" He asked.

"A whole scoop please!"

Once you were done with the sweets you both moved on to drinks.

Every fizzy drink possible and slushees of all different flavours.

"How about I pick one and you pick one and then we share?" Peter suggested.

So you ended up with a different drink each with two straws in each one.

The adults were waiting for you both by the time you were done and you wobbled over, holding all your stuff.

"Great, she's going to be up all night", Steve chuckled.

"Nah", said Tony, "she'll crash and be asleep by the end of the movie".

"Wanna bet", Bucky joined in.

"You're on, Barnes".

Steve rolled his eyes at them both as he tried to direct you carefully into the room, making sure you didn't trip on the stairs.

"Which are our seats?" Sam asked.

"All of them", Tony replied. "It's just us for the night".

A couple of the others laughed and didn't even feel surprised that Tony had rented the whole place, but some of them were still shocked.

"Can't do anything small, huh Stark?" Nat joked.

"Go big or go home!" He replied.

You found some seats in the middle of the theatre and sat between Bucky and Peter. There wasn't enough room in your cup holder for your drink and snacks so you and Pete spread them out on your laps and made them easy to access for you both.

You giggled and talked whilst eating sweet after sweet, waiting for the film to start. Everyone had some kind of snack, but it was nothing in comparison to yours and peters stash.

Suddenly though, the lights dimmed and the screen turned on.

"Yayyyyy", Pete cheered.

No one spoke for the first part of the film, but drinks slurping and packets crinkling could still be heard over the noise of the characters. They had arrived at the daycare and the big purple bear had greeted them all.

"I think he's evil", Bucky leant over and whispered to you.

And he was usually right, so you matched out for the markers to prove it. It quickly because obvious that your dad was right. It didn't surprise you, but what did was the fact he could tell it on an animated toy. He was good with people, but did this count?

You kept watching and felt creeped out at the big baby as it guarded the doors.

The snacks had been mostly eaten but any other packets with a few bits left had fallen to the floor a while ago as you leant into Bucky.

Your eyes were getting really heavy and started closing before you remembered you wanted to watch the rest.

The seat was also starting to get uncomfortable the longer you sat on it. So you got up and slid into Bucky's lap who pulled you up further and hugged you as it was coming to an end.

You watched as the toys tried to get out the trash but couldn't. They sat together in front of a massive flame and held hands, accepting their fate.

Bucky squeezed you slightly tighter and rested his chin on your head. He was completely engrossed in the film and cheered when they were saved.

You must have dozed off for a second because the lights were coming back on and the credit scene was rolling.

Bucky turned you around in his arms and stood up, still holding you close.

Steve collected all the rubbish and everyone started slowly walking out, stretching their muscles.

"I win, Barnes", Tony shouted.

Bucky was about to put a hand in his pocket when you mumbled out,

"I'm still awake, dad wins".

You heard a couple of snorts and Tony trying to argue, but Nat spoke.

"Technically you said by the end of the film. The film has finished and she's awake".

"Pay up!" You heard Bucky laugh right before you fell asleep.