[44]"I thought they were gone?"

As expected, Steve and Bucky were the last to arrive, probably looking for you for as long as they could.

Everyone gathered around in Tony's lab, looking over the map Lila and cooper had been working on. It was a mess of different colours and big red Xs showing they'd searched the entire thing.
A lot of them were completely lost as they stared down at it. They'd checked everywhere and had no idea what to do next. They had no leads, you'd just vanished.

"Why are we even back here?!" Shouted Bucky to Tony, "we should be out looking for her!!!"
"Looking wasn't working!" Tony shouted back, "if we want to find her we find out why she's gone in the first place! Then we look for the people who did it" he ended, mumbling.

"How do we do that?" Bruce asked, interrupting the little argument.
Tony sighed, he was desperate and couldn't think so he shook it away and began talking, hoping something would come to him.
"Ok um Bruce how are we with the computers?"
"We've fixed the bug and have everything up and running again including all security but we still can't find the video footage, it's as if it was never there".

Pulling a hand through his hair Tony sighed, he had no idea.
"Why don't we find camera footage from another building nearby?" Asked cooper.
"Because the next closest cameras that aren't ours, are three minutes away and there's so many different roads they could have taken", answered Tony.
Lila thought for a moment, "well we can use this map we've already been using and figure out all the possible routes whoever it was could have taken. Then we watch all the cameras from the time y/n opened the front door to however long it would have taken to get there. It will take a while but it could work. And whilst we do that Sarah can keep working on getting our footage".

Tony thought about it, it was a lengthy process that could easily turn up empty but it was their best shot. "Ok" he agreed, "Peter, cooper, Lila, Sarah and Bruce you work on getting camera footage on the vehicle and the rest of us need to spitball some ideas".

He turned to Clint, Steve and Bucky and asked, "we need a list, who doesn't like y/n?"
"That list is way to long!" Shouted Steve, "that's like every kid she's met and every teacher not including anyone she met at the park as a child or just anywhere in public".
"Ok let's narrow it down" tried Clint, "who do we know that would take her?"

They all went silent in thought until Bucky, with his eyes transfixed on the table in front, mumbled out, "Hydra".

Everyone all at once suddenly realised he was right. It didn't occur to them at first because it had been destroyed. But every super soldier ever had a bad record with Hydra.
"I thought they were gone?" Clint tried to argue, but he knew it was entirely possible they were back.
"Not every one of them died" Tony said.

Steve's eyes shot at the man, "what the hell does that mean?!" He said angrily.
Bucky looked just as angry as he stood waiting for an answer.
"W-well the mission the others are on, is watching a house with some former, but low level, Hydra members".
Steve lunged at him, "Why wouldn't you tell us that?! We should have been watching her closer. We could have stopped this from happening!"

He now had Tony by the neck of his T-shirt and the smaller man was struggling to keep his feet from tripping.
Bucky lunged to grab Steve but it was hard to find a grip as he was moving and shouting.
"She could be here with us safe! But she's not because we had no idea!" His words turned to high pitched cries half way through the sentence.

"We didn't think it was anything to worry about!" Tony argued trying to fight back.
"Nothing to worry about?! SHES GONE!"
Bucky grabbed Steve from behind with and arm under each armpit and tried to pry him away whilst Clint did the same to Tony.
"Stop!" He yelled at them, "both of you need to stop. You're only doing this because you're worried about her! We need to focus and gather all the information we can".