[23]"Do you think theres another spiderman in the world?"

You woke up to the sun shining through some very thin curtains. It was the first morning of camp and you were particularly uncomfortable in the top of the triple bunk bed as your nose felt like it could've brushed the ceiling it was that close.
You wriggled out of the bed and half climbed, half fell down the ladder to the bathroom. Once you were done you were surprised to see Sarah and Lila were up. "Oh hey guys! Is it just me or are these beds so uncomfortable?!"
"Ugh yes" said Lila "my face was right up against your bunk and it's impossible to get in the middle when the space is that small!"
Sarah laughed, "yea for the next three nights we're going to have to pick you up and slot you in".
"You might have to it seems like the only way. I wonder how the boys got on, it's annoying we can't hang out with them at night. We should have brought walkie talkies".
"Nooo we so should have that would have been so fun!" You said slumping your shoulders.

The bell for breakfast pulled you out your thoughts and you were pleased to see bacon sandwiches. As you approached the table you saw the boys sat with the same kid who was sharing their cabin.
"Guys this is Sam" said Peter.
"Hey Sam, I'm y/n".
"Hi it's nice to meet you I'm Lila, and this is Sarah".
"Hi".
Cooper interrupted, "I have to ask you guys, are your beds really uncomfortable to?! It's basically impossible to get into the middle".
"Right!" Lila basically shouted.
"Sams got the bottom bunk in ours but I did argue that Peter should have the bottom because if it collapses he would get less crushed than us".
"Uh oh does anyone want to swap?" Sarah asked causing everyone to chuckle.

After breakfast everyone was made to go on a half an hour walk through the trees with the promise you could make tree forts when you get there.
Thankfully the sun had mostly dried the ground or you would all be trudging through mud right now.
It was only two hours away from your home but there were some really cool birds flying around that you hadn't seen before. One had a really light blue stomach with yellow fluffy looking feathers under its chin. It's back had very scruffy looking orange feathers yet it's beak was solid black.

After tripping over his fourth tree root, Peter was completely over this walk. "I hate this! It's the first proper day I want to do something fun!"
"Dude your Spider-Man how are you so clumsy? Surely your spider senses stop you from tripping?" Cooper whispered to him.
"Yea you'd think so but it just kinda comes and goes. Bruce thinks they'll get better as I mature, either that or he's lying and has no idea".
"Do you think" you joined in "that there is another Spider-Man in the world? One who doesn't help people so we don't know about them"
"That's interesting" thought Lila, "there's around seven billion people on earth so there has got to be another spider that has the ability to give powers to those it bites, right?"
"Hm there could be more people like me, seven billion is a lot of people and there's zillions of spiders".
"Although it's like our DNA, every single one of us is different so what are the odds more than one spider will have the same DNA?"
"Me and Lila have the same DNA, we're identical twins"
"You share the same code but your not the EXACT same, It could be likely there are other people in the world with special abilities though, probably different to the ones we've seen".

Everyone went silent for a moment. "What other powers do you think could exist" Peter asked the group.
"There are probably other winter soldiers right?" Said cooper looking to you. "They we're trying to make an army of them weren't they?"
All eyes were on you. "It's possible however when they saved my dad all the other soldiers there died. Unless they escaped, manage to hide and kept control of themselves without help but that's unlikely. I'm the most recent one because no one knew they had genetic samples of my dads. But they were destroyed. If someone wants another winter soldier they'll have to come and get me. Luckily no one from hydra was left, Tony made sure of it".

"Well" said cooper after a moment, "if anyone wants to get to you, they'll have to get through us first" you grinned at him.
Peter gasped and scared you, "do you think someone could be invisible! That would be amazing".
"I would so pick invisibility!" You said.
"Really?" Asked cooper, "wouldn't you want to be able to run really fast? You could run to England for tea, Egypt to see the pyramids and New York to see the Statue of Liberty all in one day!"
"That would be exciting however there are oceans in between each of those countries".
"Well if I can run around the world in a day then I bet I can run fast enough to walk on water".
"Interesting" Lila said slowly, "I wonder if anyone can run across water, wouldn't that be awesome".

You all nodded when Sarah walked up, "hey guys what are you talking about?"
"Water"
"Breakfast"
"Nothing"
"Peter" You all said at once. Cooper cleared his throat, "we were just talking about loads of random things, hey we should sneak out of our cabins tonight and meet up".
Sarah wrinkled her nose, "I'm not sure, we aren't meant to go into the Forrest because of the water".
"We won't go that far, we'll just go a tiny bit past the tree line so no one sees us but we can still see the lights. What do you say".
You glanced at each other before nodding your heads.
"Great! We'll have to wait for Sam to fall asleep just incase he says anything, it's good he's a deep sleeper".

You finally reached the spot where you could sit down, unsurprisingly it looked exactly the same as the last half an hour. Green.
The instructor showed everyone the easiest way to make a good shelter and let you go.
"Hey guys could I make one with you?" Sam asked as he walked up from behind.
"Sure! Let's go find a good place for it".
You came across three trees that made a triangle and decided this was it. Finding three big branches you put them between each tree as a framework.
"The person said we should do one big branch and then smaller branches like a Toblerone" said Sam.
"Yea but we aren't gonna do that Cus it's boring we're gonna make it as cool as possible".
"Oh cool" he replied grinning, "in that case we should put sticks in the ground around the edges so it's like a proper little hut!"
You turned to him, "That's such a good idea Sam! Ok Lila Peter and cooper will do the roof because your the tallest and you me and Sarah start on the walls".

Maybe an hour later you were nearly done. The roof had thicker branches stacked side by side with leaves layered over those so nothing could get in. The walls looked great with two sides completely covered and the last had a small opening to get in with either side also lined with sticks.
"Woah it looks like we have a tiny door way!" Marvelled cooper.
"We should make a door!" Shouted Peter immediately.
At first you tried tree branches covered in leaves to block the doorway but it didn't work very well. Then you tried putting sticks in the ground like the walls but it took a long time to get in and out. Whilst you were trying to think of what else to do Sam spoke up. "Hey guys I've made a door".
Everyone turned around puzzled to see him holding a small rectangle of sticks that had been tied together. He walked up to the doorway and tied the rectangle to one side and you saw it open and close like an actual door on a hinge.
"Sam this is amazing! You've had all the best ideas, your good at this".
He gave you a shy smile and everyone climbed in.
"This is so cool it's like we're in a real room, with a muddy floor but still".

There was enough room for all six of you to sit in a circle.
"If we crashed and were stranded we would so survive" said cooper.
"Oh yea we would make our own civilisation with houses, fires and a chicken farm" joined Peter.
"The island would have to have chickens for a chicken farm"
"Yea and if there were we would make a really good one!"
Everyone laughed and Lila asked a question. "Ok if we were stranded on a desert island what three things would everyone bring?".
"What kind of island, where about in the world is it?"
"Can't give any specifics you never know when you'll crash land"
"Oh that's a good point umm"
"And no one can say something silly like a plane or infinite water dispenser"
"Dammit" muttered Peter, "ooh I would bring a two way radio so I can communicate with any passing ships, a knife for obvious reasons and a chicken just incase there aren't any already there".
"Just one chicken Yea Peter" mocked Lila.
"A pregnant chicken then!"

"Ok ok, Sarah what about you?"
"I would also pick a two way radio and a knife but instead of a chicken I would bring copper wire so I could make batteries or something".
"Oh that's a good idea!" Said cooper. "I would bring water purifiers, as many as I'm allowed, and seeing as Sarah and Peter both have knifes and radios I would bring a hammock and a tent because we won't have shelter at the start".
Peter looked shocked, "hold on if we're on this island together we don't need two radios. I want to swap mine for a solar panelled heater so I can go in coopers tent and be really warm with it".
"What no guys!" Lila sighed out, "we aren't on this island together otherwise we could bring nearly 20 items and that's loads. Although I would like a solar panel heater".
Everyone was giggling when the instructor spoke outside the den.
"Wow guys this is really really good. It seems sturdy and it's massive, you'll have no trouble with wind either. Come on it's time to go back to camp for lunch".

You opened the tiny door and everyone climbed out and headed back. The afternoon was spent playing games outside in the grass and learning how to make fire without a lighter or flint and Steele. Only Sam managed to get a real fire going although a few others made smoke so nearly had it. As evening approached it was nearly time to go to bed.
Cooper came up to you, "ok are we all still meeting later tonight? We will meet behind your cabin when the main light in the building turns off and walk through the trees there".
"Ok that sounds good, see you soon".