[18]"y/n, please climb down from that bookcase"

You all had to meet the principal first thing so here you were, sat in front of the most annoying man on earth at 9 in the morning.

And to make it even worse, the bully group was also present. "Now everyone. I hope you've had a good think about your behaviour during your suspension. Going forward there will be no fighting in these grounds, do you all understand?"

A murmur of agreement seemed to be enough as he let you all go back to your lessons. Finally.
The blonde girl leaned over and whispered, "I hate all of you, you bunch of freaks".

With your gaze blank, you turned to her and calmly responded, "yea the feelings mutual Gianna".

After a huff, she was gone.

Soon after, Cooper asked you something. "Guys. Do you think I could get onto the basketball team? I think I want to go to tryouts tomorrow at lunch".

"Dude you do well keeping up with me and a super soldier!" Exclaimed Peter. "Of course you could get in you should totally try out".

"Yea but the team here are really good and its super hard to get in! I don't know maybe I just shouldn't".

"No your going! Just think of it like this, you go and play some basketball during lunch. Either you get into the team or you've just had a fun time".

He was silent for a while clearly deciding what to do until he seemed to come to a decision. "Ok. I'm going to go".

Next lunch time came around without incident  and you all stood outside the doors to the hall. Cooper was fidgeting from one foot to the other.

"Well are you going In then?"

He didn't say anything and stared at the doors, building up his courage before taking a step through. His hands visibly shaking as he walked over to the group of boys who would also be trying out. In the stands sat a couple of the best players on the team, clearly they wanted to see who would be joining them.

None of you were allowed into the hall to watch, so you had to peek through the small line of glass in the door.

It started off very slow with them doing different dribbling styles up and down. The bright side, Cooper was the only one that didn't have to run after his ball at some point.
They moved on to shooting, standing from different angles. And Cooper never missed! (Well he missed one but that wouldn't sound as cool).

"I can't see!"

"Shut up Peter we're trying to watch"

The last part seemed to consist of a normal game, coop was put into the non bibs team which was good because he hated those things. You all hoped he'd done well.

During the game he managed to run around most of the other boys more than once. A couple of times he got pushed over by the bigger players but every time he got right back up.

The ones sitting in the stands would occasionally whisper to one another and you hoped it was good.

The game eventually stopped but everyone walked over to the closest end of the hall so you couldn't see any of them.

"What do you think they're doing?"

"I don't know, I'm really nervous I hope he gets in"

The three of you were waiting so long you ended up sitting on the floor.

"Does it normally take this long to join a basketball team?" Pete asked.

None of you knew much about basketball so you just shrugged.

A few minutes later Cooper ran up dressed back in his school uniform. "I GOT IN! I GOT IN!"

Everyone immediately jumped up and hugged him. "We knew you could do it!!!"