Attached - 7 years old

You won't let Steve put you down and he's been having to carry you everywhere, including into a shield meeting.

Word count: 2,400

———————————

"Come on y/n pleeease? I need to get changed, I'm still in my pyjamas!" Complained Steve trying to loosen your grip on his wrists.

Bucky just chuckled from his place on the bed, Watching Steve try and convince you to let him go, wearing only a plain white top and some boxers.

"Come on Buck, just try and help? My legs are getting cold".

Bucky tipped his head to the side and mumbled, "y/n, do you want a hug?"

"No"

"She said no, sorry Stevie".

Steve let out a huff and knew from the grin on the others face he wasn't sorry at all.

"Fine! But this is the last morning we're doing this", he sighed and held your hand as you both walked over to his wardrobe.

"You've said that everyday this week".

"Shut up buck".

Steve could still hear the other man giggling whilst he looked through his clothes, choosing some dark blue joggers and a nearly identical white T-shirt.

"Ok, let go of my hand so I can put these on", he said as you stared back, not moving.

He huffed and attempted to step into the joggers whilst still making contact with you.

He got one leg in and stepped to put the other in when it got caught on the waistband. That, coupled with the fact he was so off balance from leaning down to hold your hand, meant he tipped forward and fell to the floor. Very ungracefully.

Yet he still held on tight to your small hand.

All Steve could hear as he rolled onto his back was Buckys laughter echoing around the room.

He looked up and saw your slightly concerned face, your little eyebrows raised in questioning, but as soon as he smiled you broke out into a grin and flung yourself on top of him.

He grunted and pulled you close, ruffling his hands through your hair making you giggle.

"I want to join!", said Bucky who suddenly appeared above you both.

He held his arms out to dramatically fall on you both making you squeal with laughter and Steve to shout at him, laughing.

"Ah, no Buck! You're too heavy!"

Before either of you could move Bucky lay down, making sure his legs were either side so he didn't crush you.

"Arggggg", he made noises and pretended to squash you both whilst giving you kisses all over each side of your face.

You squealed, "no daddy stop! Daddy!" Before laughing so hard your face turned red and the laughter turned silent.

Bucky grinned at you and leant over to give Steve a kiss on the nose, before getting up.

After a moment Steve felt something tug on his joggers, which were still only half on.

"Buck, what are you doing?"

He looked back as if it was obvious. "Putting your clothes on so we can have breakfast, I'm hungry".

Steve rolled his eyes but he had to admit it was a lot easier with someone helping him.