Turning point

It was now lunchtime on the last full day at camp. Tonight would be your last night so you wanted to enjoy the day as much as possible.
You'd spent the morning learning about all the wildlife and food around the area. Including the poisonous ones. And despite it sounding a bit boring it was actually very fun. You learnt the colourful bird you saw a few days ago could have been a painted bunting. Cool name for a cool bird.
You all wanted to talk again so you snuck slightly into the trees to the same place you were the night before last.
"Did you see those dark red berries?" Cooper asked, "apparently if you eat them they make you poop really bad, that's what Sam said".
"I am sooo glad I didn't eat any" laughed Peter.
"Yea it's your birthday tomorrow you don't wanna be pooping then!"
In the middle of your laughing there was a noise of a twig snapping. You all immediately quietened and looked back to camp to see Gianna walking towards you. She didn't appear to have seen you and she was walking with one of her friends who had the same long blonde hair, talking intensely.
Not wanting another confrontation you all snuck away further into the forest. They kept walking to but you had already walked quite far.
"We should try and go around them and go back" you whispered and everyone nodded.
Unfortunately someone stood on a branch and it made a loud crack noise. The two girls looked up and made eye contact with you, showing an unnerving smile.
"Well hi freaks, Did you know you're not allowed out here"
"Neither are you"
"No one will know, did you know you're not allowed out here because if someone got hurt no one would notice for a long time". It sounded menacing and she took another step forward.

Every time you all stepped back, she stepped closer. It would be impossible to go around her now so you would have to go further through the trees. She picked up her pace so you turned around and ran. Branches flung at you hitting you in the face and one of the others nearly fell over a stump. Slowly you could hear water and you started to panic. "Guys we have to stop the rapids are close".
"What how do you know" asked Sarah breathlessly.
Before you could explain you suddenly appeared in an opening. You all stood in the tree line with raging water one side and two bullies the other. All of you could easily beat them but it was risky, what if you hurt them or what if they tell on you, you would definitely be expelled. Or what if one your friends got hurt, it wasn't worth it.

The water was much louder here you could barely understand the blonde girl. "Looks like your stuck, I've been thinking a lot about the library and how much you all embarrassed me. I think you need to learn your lesson".
She quickly ran forward and punched Sarah around the face. You were about to help when Sarah put her hand up to stop you.
Gianna continued talking, "you're all freaks. You've got no friends and you only sit with each other because no one else will talk to you. You don't understand that I'm the one you should be listening to or there will be trouble. From now on you will all listen to me, got it?"
She was met with silence and as she got angrier you spoke, "we will never listen to you, you're not leader material. People are just scared of you, but we aren't. So leave us alone".
You'd barely finished when she grabbed you by the throat and started dragging you down the tree line. Your friends stepped to help but the other blonde stood in their way. "It's ok" you choked out.
You were now at least 10 metres away and she finally let you go. You fell straight to the floor catching your breath before she pulled you back up by your collar. She hit you in the stomach and you stumbled back clutching it. The edge of the river was now a few steps behind you.
You watched your friends shocked faces as Gianna held her hand up above you again. But before she could hit, you felt a sudden gust of wind and the girl was toppling into the river. She screamed as she tried to grab you but missed and fell into the water with a splash. You turned to see everyone still far away watching in horror but Sarah stood right next to you with the same face. How did she get over here you didn't even notice. You could tell she didn't mean to push her into the water though as her pleading eyes started filling with panic.